A timeline of Bad Bunny and Kendall Jenner’s relationship

Perhaps the biggest name in reggaeton music right now, Bad Bunny has been in the news for various reasons. From making history at the Grammys to wrestling other celebrities, the Puerto Rican singer seems to be everywhere. 

Those who thought Bad Bunny, whose real name is Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio, could not be talked about more were proven wrong when the buzz around him and American supermodel Kendall Jenner began. Although it has been said the pair wants to keep their romance low-key, this hasn’t stopped their relationship news from flooding the tabloids.

It allegedly all began in February of this year when the two were seen on a brunch date in Beverly Hills, according to Elle. In March, a photo of the pair hugging surfaced after a sushi date. 

March continued to be an eventful month for them when Martínez Ocasio was featured on Eladio Carrión’s track, “Coco Chanel,” and said the lyrics: “Yo no soy malo, nah, bebé, eso e' un gimmick / Pero el sol de PR caliente má' que el de Phoenix / Ella lo sabe.” Translated, the lyrics mean, “I am not bad, baby, that’s a gimmick / But the sun in Puerto Rico is hotter than in Phoenix / She knows it.”

This specific lyric caused a stir, with many suspecting this was a direct jab toward Jenner’s ex-boyfriend, Devin Booker, who is a basketball player for the Phoenix Suns. An alleged inside source of the pair said the couple was spending more and more time together and Jenner was enjoying it. 

More proof of their relationship emerged in April when Martínez Ocasio was one of the headliners for Coachella and Jenner was seen dancing along in the crowd. He also came down after his performance to talk to her. They went on to be photographed on outings together that month such as Tyler the Creator’s concert and dinner dates at high-profile New York City restaurants. 

Although both of them attended the Met Gala, they did not accompany each other on the carpet. They did, however, attend an after-party later on in the night. Later in May, they were seen on vacation together with a group of friends. The internet was ecstatic/horrified when a photo of the two at a Lakers game was published. 

In June, Martínez Ocasio spoke to Rolling Stone about keeping his private life under wraps, which is what he intends to do. Jenner made a similar comment on the matter and refused to comment on him. 

August proved to be the most eventful month for their relationship in the public eye, with the pair seen kissing at Drake’s concert in L.A. Later on, he posted a video on his Instagram story of him on a hike, where a woman was featured who sounded a lot like Jenner. He called the woman “mami,” and was later seen wearing a “K” initial around his neck. 

From the perspective of the public eye, it seems that their relationship is progressing naturally and positively. Perhaps Martínez Ocasio will finally be able to respond to his Tití.

@alyssadanccruz

ac974320@ohio.edu