Fall fashion forecast 2023

Fall in Athens is right around the corner. As the weather gets cold and the leaves start to change, what will Bobcats be wearing? With New York Fashion Week behind us, fall trends are coming to light. The esteemed week of runway shows comes right before the coziest season, previewing what celebrities will be wearing and what designers are pushing. 

So here's what you'll see on the bricks of Athens and all over your social media feed this fall: 

RED RED RED RED RED 

Bright and bold color is the front-runner for the season. It took the runways by storm, with it being at least 12 designerscolor of the season. Red is rich and beautiful with ranging hues that look good on every skin tone. So whether you're rocking maroon or a bright crimson, red is the choice for fall.

Off the shoulder 

A nod to early 70's fashion, off-the-shoulder tops are back in full force for fall 2023. In theme with last winter when sweat suits and comfy casual rose in popularity, off-the-shoulder sweatshirts are coming in fast and furious. Simple and chic, and a style perfect for all body types. 

The best part? You can DIY off-the-shoulder sweatshirts yourself, and grab some scissors and an old crewneck. Hitting the racks alongside them are tops and dresses with the same silhouette. 

The Row is THE inspo

You may have heard of the Olsen twin's fashion line, The Row, a high-end brand known for timeless and chic style. Translating to what we will see in the fall, simplicity is key. From the classic white t-shirt and jeans look to tailored pants and a black belt, TikTok saw the "clean girl aesthetic" gain steam with slick back hair and neutrals. For fall 2023, it's even more tailored and simple. 

And to tie it all up …

With a BOW. Expect to see more and more bows as the season draws closer. But, staying in theme, the bows of 2023 are simple and classy. A ribbon tied up in a half up half down is the style of the season. Also, watch for lace-up tops and skirts with silk ribbon bows for all to see. 

While the fashion forecast is set, style is subjective. It's all about what you like to wear and what makes you feel comfortable and confident. The beauty of fashion is that inspiration is all around; it's up to you to decide what to do with it. 

cl125221@ohio.edu