Ohio head coach Tim Albin on Nov. 28. Provided by Ohio Athletics. 

Reactions from Tim Albin's Week Four press conference

Tim Albin sat down with the press for his weekly conference to discuss the upcoming week in Ohio Football Monday morning.

Here is what The Post learned after a brief conversation with Albin. 

Ohio played the most disciplined game Albin has seen.

According to Ohio head coach Tim Albin, Ohio’s offense uses a chart to determine the unit’s ability to avoid mistakes, which Albin called the 12% chart. The chart is separated into five categories: sacks, penalties, fumbles, drops and interceptions. The chart adds the totals from each category and divides the total by the number of plays run by the offense. If the number is 12% or less, the offense has an 88% chance of winning according to Albin.

“We were at 0% in that game (Iowa State),” Albin said. “We’ve never had that before, and I’ve never heard of it before.”

Bryce Houston has taken his game to the next level.

Houston was one of many Bobcats to excel in Ohio’s 10-7 win over Iowa State. Houston had 15 tackles, including combining for a tackle for loss. Houston was awarded his second MAC East Player of the Week award for his efforts. Despite a superb end to his 2022 season, Houston’s efforts have caught many outside observers off guard. Albin, however, saw Houston’s breakout performances coming in the spring.

“We anticipated Bryce (Houston) being where he’s at, to be honest with you,” Albin said. “You saw in spring practice his preparation. He’s taken his game to another level … He’s just done a phenomenal job in preparation, and he’s bigger, faster and stronger.” 

Ohio must avoid letdown.

Coming off of one of the biggest non-conference wins in recent history, it would be easy for the Bobcats to come out a bit less motivated or sluggish against any opponent. Albin is aware of the potential of a poor performance against a rival, but hopes the veterans on the team can prevent it.

“I think I referenced it after the game like our leadership, our experienced guys are going to have to do a good job,” Albin said. “This week our staff is going to be observing the guys because you have to guard against it after a big win, a let-down.”

MAC strong showing in week three.

Ohio’s week three win over Iowa State was only part of a strong week in the MAC. Miami also picked up a win over Cincinnati while Toledo and Eastern Michigan picked up wins over FBS Schools. According to Albin, week three wins from those schools garnered appreciation from the Conference’s commissioner.

“I did get a text from Jon (Steinbrecher), which I appreciated, but I think it’s great,” Albin said. “We get a great brand, it’s great for our players’ platform with all the opportunities out there now with NIL, it’s just a positive and I hope it continues.”

@GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu