Ohio head coach Tim Albin on Nov. 28. Provided by Ohio Athletics. 

Football: What we learned from Tim Albin's Week Two press conference

On Monday morning, Tim Albin sat down with the press for his weekly conference to discuss the upcoming week in Ohio Football. 

Here is what The Post learned after a brief conversation with Albin. 

Injury Updates 

Ohio had to test its depth last season against opponent Long Island. Quarterback Kurtis Rourke was out along with receivers Jacoby Jones and Sam Wiglusz. Tight End Tyler Foster was also sidelined on Saturday. 

“We’re on schedule for those guys to practice and then to play on Saturday,” Albin said. “That could change, I don't anticipate it, but that's just what it is. Not just with Kurtis but with all the guys who have been out.”  

Casey Thompson and Tom Herman offense

In 2017, Casey Thompson was recruited by Albin at Ohio and current FAU Coach Tom Herman at Texas. As a redshirt junior Thompson was the leader of Texas’ offense in Herman’s last year as the Head Coach at Texas in 2021. After the departure of Herman, Thompson transferred to Nebraska where he once again made double-digit starts. Thompson transferred once again, this time reuniting with Herman. Albin knows the connection between Herman and Thompson, and the amount of returning starters on offense for FAU will make the week two opponent a tough test.

“I personally recruited him out of high school, we were one of his first offers I believe. He has found his way to FAU and he is very talented,” Albin said. “We are familiar, particularly me. He can create with his feet and of course, he and Coach Herman were together at Texas so schematically that is a very good fit.”

Emphasis on winning on the road 

Ohio is 7-0 in its home games since 2022, and its players have seemed to play with an edge when defending home turf. Albin restated the necessity for the Bobcats to bring the same intensity with them when playing on the road.

“It’s a mindset, a Psyche,” Albin said. “To do and to finish the things that we want to do this year, we need to have a mindset of winning on the road. We were close at San Diego State and we’ve gotta find a way to do that.”

Player of the Week awards 

Sieh Bangura and Bryce Houston were named the MAC East offensive and defensive Player of the Week awards respectively for their performances against LIU. Albin believes the recognition these players received was well-deserved.

“Obviously those two awards show how well they did in last week’s game,” Albin said. “And they did, so we want to build off of all of that.”

@robert_keegan

bk272121@ohio.edu

@GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu