What your favorite ‘Sex and the City’ character says about you

In 1998, “Sex and the City” premiered on HBO, taking the world by storm for its iconic characters, witty dialogue and interesting plot lines about all things related to sex. Progressive for its time, the show is now refreshing to see, especially from the lens of four women trying to get their acts together in New York City.

As the show regains its popularity, here’s what your favorite “Sex and the City” character says about you:

Carrie Bradshaw

Like Carrie Bradshaw, you have a knack for picking up on the things around you, especially when it comes to love and dating. You have a fiery spirit, always ready to throw yourself into an uncomfortable or awkward situation. While at times you may come off as pushy or over the top when you want attention, you know your worth deep down and only want what’s best for you. You value your friendships more than your relationships, going out of your way to make those around you feel special. You also may be an aspiring journalist if you align with Bradshaw, as her confidence and expertise are honestly inspiring to watch on screen.

Samantha Jones

Your confidence is what makes you stand out among the rest, as you don’t let anybody tear you down for your looks or style. Some may find you promiscuous at times, but you do what’s best for you and nobody else. You aren’t always the most warm or fuzzy person, but when around the right group of people, you’re an open book. You have the best love advice and detest anyone who messes with your feelings. You are independent, hard-working and assertive, for which everyone looks up to you on a daily basis. You also are extremely good at planning events and staying organized, so if you like Samantha, you may be a marketing or business major.

Miranda Hobbes

It’s hard for you to open up to people right away but others usually gravitate toward you for your ironic sense of humor and occasional cynicism. You work hard for what you want, putting your career aspirations before a relationship. You find happiness in the little things, whether it’s late-night pizza with friends or taking off your fancy clothes and slipping into some sweatpants – that’s what allows you to be carefree now and then. You can be stubborn though, which causes you to bump heads with others, but you normally can see when your anxiety and sense of structure are getting the best of you.

Charlotte York

Out of your entire friend group, you tend to be reserved when it comes to talking about love or dating, but people respect you because of your way with words and watchful eye. You look out for your friends constantly, always guiding them down the right path when they need it. Sometimes you tend to fantasize too much about your future, which can cause you to make decisions based on what you’ve imagined instead of what you actually should do with your life. Your strongest assets are being empathetic, intelligent and driven. You also care deeply for those you love, usually never seeing the bad in anyone unless they prove otherwise.

Mr. Big

You definitely have a big ego, but you know when to dial it down in certain social settings. Some people may find you rude or careless, but you don’t let anyone’s opinions get to you. You are the captain of your own ship, navigating your way through life based on what you want, which can aid you in chasing after your career goals. However, you aren’t good at handling others’ emotions, as you find yourself running away when things get hard or uncomfortable. You tend to focus on material things to distract yourself, but in the end, you are a people person who thrives around others.

Stanford Blatch

Everyone loves your energy, sense of self and dedication to your friends. You are always there when someone is in need, cheering them up with jokes or a night out. You light up every room you walk into, and love being in the center of the action. You tend to overthink and have low self-esteem at times, but you luckily surround yourself with people who are there to lift you up in these moments. You love cocktails, fashion and gossiping, and you find yourself drawn to those in your free time.

@grace_koe

gk011320@ohio.edu