Illustration by Abbie Kinney.

Homecoming Deals

Published October 5, 2023

Homecoming Deals

Here are the best deals for Homecoming Week

By Simone Tillman | For The Post

Homecoming Week is notorious at Ohio University for its football, tailgates, parties, parades, alum events. However, the week's often overlooked perk is deals from all around Athens. From school spirit sales to food coupons, OU doesn’t shy away from the town-wide excitement that comes with the spirit of Homecoming.

It can be hard to navigate amid the commotion surrounding this week, but there is no need to fear, below is a list of the best deals Homecoming has to offer this year:

Food Truck Friday

This Friday, Oct. 6, from noon to 2 p.m., the Ohio University Alumni Association is hosting Food Truck Friday at the Konneker Alumni Center. Besides the easy access to a wide variety of food trucks — some of which aren’t always local to Athens — there are great incentives given out at the event as well. If you sign up for the Bobcat Network you’ll receive your choice of a free drink from Court Street Coffee or a free slice of pizza from A-Town Pies & Fries, while supplies last.

Wings Over New Flavor

Wings Over’s Athens location is a chicken staple on Court Street. With its late-night hours on weekends, it also weaseled itself into the nightlife scene by being an easily accessible late-night snack. It has also just introduced its brand-new Cajun Garlic flavor which will only be available during the month of October. So, try it now while it lasts.

West 82 Spirit Week

West 82 is a food court located at the bottom of Baker University Center. It has six attractions including The Deli, Brick, The Grill, La Verde, Salad and Life is Sweet. This Homecoming Week they are having a spirit week, with each day bring on a new deal. Tuesday was twin day: each person dressed as a twin was eligible for a buy one, get one free slice of pizza. Wednesday was sports day: walking tacos were served at Verde. Thursday was tie-dye day: any purchase at Life is Sweet came with a free rainbow bagel. Friday was Bobcat Pride Day: anyone with two or more items of OU attire received a free fry with their purchase.

OhioEats

OU typically offers at least one sale through the OhioEats app weekly. However, Homecoming Week has brought forth a plethora of them. Through the app, you can enter a contest to win tickets for the Homecoming football game against Kent State on Oct. 7. Also, Wednesday is Taco Day, where you can get $1 off tacos at West 82 or Hungry Cat Food Truck.

While you’re getting revved up and ready for an epic Homecoming Week and Weekend, don’t forget to snag a few of these one-time deals while you’re at it. From West 82’s Twin Tuesday to the Alumni Association’s Food Truck Friday, there is a pocket-friendly food deal for all to enjoy.

AUTHOR: Simone Tillman

EDITOR: Grace Brezine

COPY EDITOR: Addie Hedges

ILLUSTRATION: Abbie Kinney

WEB DEVELOPMENT: Tavier Leslie