Obert Opines: My favorite things about college

When I first got to college, people only raved about the parties and the drinking, but currently, the best part of my life as a senior is the little things. Step aside Maria from "The Sound of Music," my favorite things are way more important.

Pretending to be the teacher on the first day of every class

This one's pretty simple. On the first day of every in-person class, I dress like Ross from "Friends, "put on a pair of glasses and start talking about architecture. Every student freaks out that they're in the wrong class, and then the real teacher shows up, I pretend like I'm in the wrong class and run to the bathroom. In the bathroom, I change out of my costume into super casual student clothes and sit amongst my peers. No one notices me; it's a great icebreaker.

Taking an in-person exam

Maybe it's because I'm an adrenaline junky, but I love taking in-person exams in classes. It doesn't get any better than memorizing Quizlet flashcards 20 minutes before an exam. Your friends quiz you right before the teacher hands out the exam. 

I feel like a kid again when I fill in the bubbles for my name, I get so nervous as I read the first question and then massive relief flows through me as I realize I can handle it. I'm so close to my classmates that I could easily cheat, but I don't do it. Not because I'll get caught (I won't), but because I'm clinging onto some form of self-righteousness. 

I start to get into a rhythm halfway through, but that energy is immediately ruined when I realize there are people who have already finished. I get to the last question, and the cherry on top of an underrated sundae is the easiest of bonus questions. I turn it in with a smile on my face and a sense of accomplishment in my gut.

Waking up my dog to feed him treats

When I'm at home for college, I get hungry before bed. To solve this, I eat peanut butter crackers and pretzels as a midnight snack. I thoroughly enjoy sneaking into my parent's room to wake my puppy and feed him peanut butter crackers. That is, undoubtedly, the most self-serving favorite thing on this list. 

Half the time I wake up my disgusted mother, it's a waste of food and my dog wakes up afraid like someone's trying to kill him, but I like doing it, so I'm not stopping. It's so funny to see the way my dog doesn't even open his eyes; he just sniffs my hand and slightly opens up his mouth as if to say, "You know exactly what to do."

Annoying my roommates

Whenever my roommates watch anything they're passionate about, I make fun of them for being interested.

"Wait, why do you like Game of Thrones again?," I say. "What do you mean there's no villain? That guy just burned down an entire village and declared his love for his sister."

Then, when my roommate brings up his slight frustration, I pretend like he blew my head off.

These are the aspects of college life I refuse to live without. Even when school work gets tough, I think about the fear on other student's faces when I mention French Gothic style on the first day of school, and a smile crawls across my face.

Bobby Gorbett is a senior studying journalism. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnists do not reflect those of The Post. Want to talk more about it? Let Bobby know by tweeting him @GorbettBobby.