Goalie Garrett Alderman (31) blocks the puck from the goal at the game against Calvin University, Oct. 7, 2023, in Athens, Ohio.

Hockey: Everything you need to know for Maryville

Ohio is preparing for its games over the weekend versus Maryville. The Bobcats fell short of winning to Calvin last Friday but combated the loss with a victory on Saturday night. This Friday, the Bobcats take on Maryville for the first time this season. The Bobcats are eager for success as the last series against Maryville in 2022 ended with only one victory. A strong competition can be anticipated for the series. 

Series Information:

Opponent: Maryville (4-3)

Location: Chesterfield, Mo. Maryville University Ice Hockey Center

Date and time: Oct. 13 at 6 p.m. and Oct. 14 at 5:15 p.m. 

Series History

The Bobcats faced the Saints in two series last season. Last year, in games on Oct. 21 and 22, Ohio ended the series with one victory and one loss. The statistic carried over to the following series on Nov. 18 and 19, closing out with a split. Both teams will fight to win this weekend in hopes of changing that narrative. 

Player to watch - Laker Aldridge

Aldridge continues to show his hunger for goals as he is the leading scorer at this point in the season with 3 goals. Aldridge uses his skill of quick release to his advantage to beat defensemen. With a lot of back-and-forth occurring in the previous matches against Maryville, Aldridge will be a key component to break that pattern.

meganscudder9@gmail.com