Employees of Park's Place work in the kitchen to make a customer's order Sept. 13, 2023, in Athens, Ohio.

What to order at Athens' Park’s Place

The Park's Place chicken sandwich is crispy, juicy and the perfect combination of meat and toppings. It's the sandwich everyone in Athens needs to try. 

Park's Place is a brand-new restaurant located on Court Street. The original Park's Place is in Amesville, but the Court Street location offers menu items and hours geared toward college students. The restaurant is open Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m.

The menu hosts various "sandos" and sides. The most popular item on the menu, according to owner Josh Vernon, is the fried chicken sandwich. 

The chicken thigh, either buttermilk brined or Nashville hot, sits on a fresh, house-made burger bun and is topped with pickles, Grandma's slaw and Park's sauce. It can also be customized. 

The chicken is battered to perfection. The house-made bun provides a perfect, soft bedding for the crispy chicken. That alone makes the sandwich worth the $8, but if you add in the pickles, slaw and Park's sauce, the sandwich becomes a "must try" for everyone who may find themselves on Court Street. 

The menu also offers three cheeseburgers, ranging from $8 to $9, a kid's burger, priced at $6 and a grilled cheese for $4. All burgers can be upgraded with two patties for an additional $2. 

The sides are also worth ordering; every great chicken sandwich or burger needs a sidekick. Although a little pricey, the cheddar curds, which are $6, are the perfect pairing for a sandwich. 

Of course, fresh-cut fries are always a safe option. Costing $3, the fries are perfectly seasoned and are a great option to pair with a sandwich or enjoy alone as a nice snack. If you find yourself looking for a lighter pairing, Grandma's slaw can be ordered on the side and there is also a side salad. 

There are also drinks, or "bevvies," on the menu, which include soda, water, Gatorade and tea/lemonade costing between $2 to $3. No meal is complete without a drink! 

Overall, Park's Place is a wonderful new addition to Court Street. The fresh ingredients make a big difference in the food's quality.

If you have never been to Park's Place, start with the chicken sandwich and a side; you will definitely be coming back for more. Whether it’s the middle of the day or late after a night out on Court Street, Park's Place has a high-quality, grab-and-go meal waiting for you.

et029322@ohio.edu