An Ohio University Police Department car sits outside the dorms at Ohio University, Sept. 4, 2023.

Police Blotter: Driver without license crashed vehicle, suspicious man at Go-Mart

Kentucky Fried License 

A traffic stop was conducted at the Kentucky Fried Chicken on 60 E. Stimson Ave., according to the Ohio University Police Department.

An individual was issued a citation for a suspended driver’s license.

R.I.P. Mailbox

A case of vandalism to a mailbox on Pleasant Hill Road in Athens was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

A report was taken and as of Tuesday, the investigation is pending.

Maybe this is why these laws exist…

A traffic crash on South Green Drive was reported to the Ohio University Police Department.

An individual caused a non-injury traffic crash and was cited with failure to control and a temporary permit violation.

What happens on the internet STAYS on it

An individual spoke with Sheriff’s Office deputies about the spreading of nude photos. A report was taken.

Power nap

A man asleep in his truck in The Plains was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival, deputies talked with the male about why he was sleeping in his truck. The man advised officers that he was tired and that his truck had broken down.

Officers found no indication of impairment or a medical crisis.

Common mistake

A stolen cell phone in The Plains was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

It was later discovered that the caller had misplaced the phone and that it was found.

Suspicious man in a van

A suspicious person at the Go-Mart in Coolville was reported to the Sheriff’s Office.

The caller told deputies that an individual was sitting inside a white van and would lie back in the seat whenever someone looked over at him.

Officers patrolled the area but were unable to locate the suspect.

Keep one eye open

A possible stalking incident on Cullison Road in Nelsonville was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Playing cowboy

A horse in the road on Angel Ridge Road in Athens was reported to the Sheriff’s Office.

After officers were on the scene, they wrangled up two horses and two donkeys. Deputies secured the animals in the fenced area and resumed patrol.

Warning signs

A male throwing a knife at different things near North Plains Road was reported to the Sheriff’s Office.

Once deputies spoke with the man, it was determined that the male would benefit from a mental health evaluation.

The man was transported to the hospital without any affairs.

KEEP CLEAN

A complaint of littering on Old State Route 56 in New Marshfield was reported to the Sheriff’s Office and a report was made.

Better luck next time

An attempted burglary on Brozak Road in Stewart was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Officers spoke with the caller and a suspect was identified.

A report was taken and as of Monday, it is under investigation.

@kendallkwight

kw229520@ohio.edu