Police Blotter: Stolen cat, man caught with stolen motorcycle

Oink oink

A loose pig on state Route 56 in New Marshfield was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

The complainant said the pig was running around the neighborhood, but once officers arrived on scene, no pig was located.

Drinking and driving in the dark … great idea

A suspicious vehicle on University Terrace was identified by the Ohio University Police Department.

During contact, officers determined that the individual was intoxicated and cited the person with an OVI. The individual was also cited for not having headlights on.

Storage wars

Two males attempting to break into storage units in The Plains were reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival, officers were unable to locate the suspects or any evidence that would support breaking and entering. 

They’re never carpooling again

A stolen vehicle from the state Route 550 Park & Ride was reported to the Sheriff’s Office.

The caller, an Athens resident, told the Sheriff’s Office that someone had stolen their vehicle from the location over the past weekend.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol located the vehicle, which was found crashed. Deputies filed a report.

False alarm

OUPD deployed its K-9 explosive detection team on an unattended backpack in parking lot 105. No threat was found. 

GIVE THEM THEIR CAT BACK

A cat was stolen from Luhrig Road in Athens, according to the Sheriff’s Office. Officers filed a report.

Keep it to yourself fam

A drunk and disorderly male in Glouster Park was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Upon arrival, deputies arrested the man and took him to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail for disorderly conduct by intoxication.

Back that bumper up

A vehicle backing into a gas pump at the Marathon gas station in Guysville was reported to the Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival, the driver’s information was collected and a report was filed.

Dorm drinkin’

An alcohol offense in Mackinnon Hall was reported to the Ohio University Police Department.

An individual was charged with underage consumption of alcohol and intoxication.

Harassment is so overrated

A complaint of threatening messages over Facebook on Main Street in Jacksonville was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies filed a report, and as of last week, the investigation is pending.

Safe disposal

Narcotics located at the Dollar General in The Plains were reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

The narcotics were collected and as of Monday, the incident is under review.

If you steal, don’t make it obvious

A reckless motorcyclist in Chauncey was reported to the Sheriff’s Office. Officers were informed of the possible location and description of the driver. 

Deputies arrived at the residence provided and located the man in possession of the motorcycle. It was found that the vehicle was stolen from Fairfax County in Virginia. 

The man in possession of the vehicle was arrested for receiving stolen property and transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Always prepared

An individual who was sprayed with pepper spray at their residence on Gun Club Road in New Marshfield was reported to the Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival, officers determined a suspect and arrested an individual on means of assault. Officers transported the individual to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

kw229520@ohio.edu

@kendallkwright