An Italian Club Sandwich sits on a table at Brenen's Coffee Cafe on South Court St. Oct. 8, 2023. Elle Maltry | For The Post

Here’s what to get off Brenen's Coffee Cafe’s sandwich menu

Brenen’s Coffee Cafe is known for its coffee, but what other options do they have? 

Brenen’s serves more than just coffee. It also serves things like sandwiches, salads and soups. Brenen’s offers a selection of about 30 sandwiches served on customers' choice of bread. Each sandwich is $8.95 and is served with a choice of chips, cole slaw or yogurt and a pickle.

The bread choices are sourdough, wheat, rye, pumpernickel, pita, croissant, sourdough baguette, multigrain baguette, ciabatta, pretzel bun or one of their bagels. The side options are sea salt kettle chips, BBQ kettle chips, jalapeño kettle chips, salt and vinegar kettle chips, Baked Lays, cole slaw, strawberry yogurt or plain yogurt. 

If you haven’t tried any sandwiches, here’s a recommended list of sandwiches to try off their menu.

Cranberry Turkey Panini

If you are looking to eat a hot sandwich pressed with a bit of sweetness, the Cranberry Turkey Panini is a great choice. This panini-style pressed sandwich is served with turkey, melted provolone cheese, a house-made cranberry sauce and spinach. It’s recommended to be served with sourdough bread and is great combined with the option of strawberry yogurt.

Chipotle Club

If you are looking for another hot sandwich option with a hint of spice, the Chipotle Club may be a great choice for you. This sandwich is served with turkey, ham, muenster cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and chipotle mayo. This sandwich is recommended to be served with rye or sourdough bread and does great combined with the jalapeño kettle chips option.

Road Trip

If you are seeking a cold sandwich option, the Road Trip is a great choice. This sandwich is served with a choice of chicken or tuna salad, lettuce, tomato, onion, green peppers, banana peppers and cream cheese. This sandwich is recommended to be served on pumpernickel bread and does well combined with the plain yogurt option. 

Philly Melt

Are you a fan of Philly-style steak sandwiches? If so, the Philly Melt is a great choice for you. This sandwich is served hot with steak, Swiss cheese, onions, green peppers and mayo. This sandwich is recommended to be served with the sourdough baguette and is complimented well by the sea salt kettle chips option. 

Garden Turkey

If you are seeking a low-calorie option, the Garden Turkey may be a great choice. Brenen’s has a selection of sandwiches that are 500 calories or less when served on their sourdough, wheat, rye or pumpernickel bread choices. The Garden Turkey is a cold sandwich served with turkey, lettuce, tomato, green peppers, banana peppers and a fat-free ranch dressing. This sandwich is recommended on wheat bread and does well combined with the plain yogurt option.

California Veggie

If you are looking for a vegetarian option, the California Veggie may be a good selection. This sandwich is served hot with melted Swiss and muenster cheeses, lettuce, tomato, onion, green peppers, banana peppers, cucumbers, cream cheese and ranch dressing. This sandwich is recommended to be served with the pretzel bun and pairs well with the cole slaw option.

The next time you find yourself getting lunch in Brenen’s Coffee Cafe, give one of these sandwiches a try.

@ashleypomplas

ap125920@ohio.edu