What your favorite Halloween movie says about you

Sometimes, it’s good to just cozy up in your dorm or apartment and watch a Halloween classic. But, the Halloween classic you select also says a lot about the type of person you are. 

Here’s what your favorite Halloween movie says about you.

“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”

This is a yearly rewatch for you, ever since you were little. You’re a sucker for nostalgia, and you probably own at least one Snoopy sweatshirt. You’re also not really someone who likes to go out for Halloween, so you’re probably staying in watching this.

“Hocus Pocus”

You’re the type of person who starts putting on sweaters and boots the second the clock strikes midnight on Sept. 1. You live, breathe and die autumn. Once the temperature drops below 65 degrees, you’re pulling out mulled wine, cider donuts and hot chocolate to cozy up and watch “Hocus Pocus.” 

“Halloween”

You’re a true crime aficionado, which may or may not have stemmed from this movie, and a self-proclaimed final girl. Even with the convoluted timelines and subpar sequels, you’re always happy to rewatch the movies, even though you have a lot of strongly held opinions about your favorite. 

“The Rocky Horror Picture Show”

October means that it’s “The Rocky Horror Show” season for you. You know it’s exceedingly campy and all over the place, and you could not care less. In fact, the sheer outrageousness and loose plot is what you love about it, and the minute it’s announced at The Union, you’re first in line. You will absolutely go all out for it, just like you do for any other occasion. 

“The Nightmare Before Christmas”

You’re a recovering emo kid who still uses their Hot Topic rewards, mostly for anime and band merch now. Your middle and high school years were plagued by My Chemical Romance, eyeliner and undying love for this movie that you still find yourself rewatching every year, both at Halloween and at Christmas.

“Scream”

You’re the funny one of your friend group and have trouble taking any situation seriously, much like many of the characters in this 1996 classic. You’ve also definitely gone as Ghostface for Halloween at least once, and you absolutely killed the look (pun intended).

“Ghostbusters”

You’re also the funny one in your friend group but in a drier way. You take most situations pretty seriously, but you can and will quip your way out of everything. You’re also definitely obsessed with the paranormal, and after you finish your “Ghostbusters” rewatch, you’re going to switch over to binging paranormal YouTube videos until you can’t sleep. 

“The Shining”

You’re a film critic, through and through. You love talking about movies, and you have strongly held opinions on all of them. You’re also more than likely a skier or snowboarder, which is half the appeal of the movie for you.

“The Craft” 

You’re the trendiest person you know and the trendiest person all your friends know. Your Pinterest boards are impeccable and you will watch this movie in your best '90s-style fit. You’re also probably into zodiac signs.

“Little Shop of Horrors”

You’re another person who firmly believes “the campier, the better,” and there’s very little that’s campier than a musical about a man-eating plant. You’re also definitely a self-proclaimed plant mom, and there are plants creeping up and down the walls of your house, fake or real (whether you can keep those plants alive is up for debate though).

“Scary Movie”

You’re another person who cannot take a single thing seriously, and you’re the person in your friend group who sends memes to your other friends every day, at least three times a day. You’re also a complete social butterfly and believe that the best way to celebrate Halloween is to watch something like this, and then go party after.

@alicia_szcz

as589820@ohio.edu