The Culture staff is ready to give thanks

With Thanksgiving being this Thursday, some of the writers for the Culture section at The Post shared their favorite parts about the holiday and the people, pets and places they are thankful for.

What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving?

Grace Koennecke: My favorite part about Thanksgiving is getting to see my siblings because we all go to different schools!

Sophia Rooksberry: My favorite part about Thanksgiving is reuniting with my extended family and doing all of our yearly traditions. 

Kenzie Callahan: My favorite part about Thanksgiving is watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV. I always look forward to the musical performances and seeing all the floats is nostalgic.

Alyssa Cruz: My favorite part about Thanksgiving is spending time with my cousins and helping everyone cook all the food.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

Abby Jenkins: My favorite food is cranberry sauce, but only from the can.

Ethan Herx: My favorite food is barbecue. My family doesn’t care for Thanksgiving food but my dad’s side is from Kansas City, so our tradition is to go out for barbecue the day after Thanksgiving.

Abby Blose: By far, my favorite Thanksgiving food is stuffing. 

What are you thankful for?

Sophia Anness: I am thankful for the home I have found at Ohio University. I knew this would be my home from the first time I set foot on campus. I am also thankful for my family for always being my biggest support system. Finally, I am thankful for my little sister, Norah, for being my biggest inspiration and for pushing me to follow my dreams.

Gina Napoli: I am thankful for my family and friends! I am also thankful for everyone I’ve met at OU so far including my beautiful Posties!

Blose: I am thankful to be a student at OU and to be able to learn from so many knowledgeable professors. I am thankful for all the student organizations I am a part of for providing me with an abundance of opportunities. Most importantly, I am thankful to have friends and family who support me through everything.

Rooksberry: I’m thankful for my friends and family for always making me feel loved and at home, as well as The Post for giving me an outlet to be creative and practice what I love. I’m also thankful for Panera Mac and Cheese and Coke Zero for fueling this semester. 

Jackson McCoy: I am thankful for my family and all of the people who have helped me get to where I am today. Most importantly, I am grateful for all of the people I have met in college who have made me feel so welcome, especially the people I have met through The Post.

Jenkins: I am so incredibly thankful for my family because they have always been so wonderful and so supportive. I'm thankful for the friends that I have because they continue to inspire me every day. I'm thankful for my dog because he's really silly. Lastly, I am so thankful for such an amazing and talented Culture section in such an amazing publication. 

Kenzie Callahan: This Thanksgiving, I'm extra thankful for my friends and family, music and an incredible first semester at OU. I'm grateful and excited to be home and reunited with the people closest to me and, of course, my dog Mya.

Herx: For are for one, The Post. That one’s obvious. I’m also really thankful for my friends Lex and Cas, they are my backbone and the ones I can always trust with anything, even though it’s been a while since we’ve all seen each other. My buddy, TJ, is another person I’m thankful for. He’s always been the older brother I never had for the six years I’ve known him. Then the last thing I’m thankful for is my dog Sheldon.

Grace Koennecke: I'm thankful for my friends, family and boyfriend! They truly are the best support system, and they have shown me how to be selfless, kind and how to take things less seriously. I'm also thankful for everyone I work with at The Post, ACRN and Backdrop Magazine, as each person in these organizations inspires me to work hard and to expand myself in some capacity! I also am thankful for good health and safety!

Alyssa Cruz: I am thankful for how many genuinely amazing people I know. From my parents to my roommates to every single talented person at The Post, I am thankful for them all year long.