Fresh Finds Friday: Music from The Beatles, Cold War Kids

Just this past week, we have new music from The Beatles, Jade LeMac and Cold War Kids.

Here are new songs or albums from the past week that are perfect for any occasion:

“Cellulite” by Audrey Nuna

Fresh off tour comes Audrey Nuna on her new single “Cellulite,” which combines R&B with a ragey beat. “This is a song about cutting the fat out of your life and rejecting that toxic s*** that could weigh you down ... I wanted to illustrate a return to innocence. I want people to listen and feel lighter, but with the rage/sentiment mosh,” Nuna said in an interview with Broadwayworld. The song also comes with a music video that you can watch here.

“Cold War Kids” by Cold War Kids

Indie rock group Cold War Kids have been serving up music for 16 years. Twelve songs describe their 10th studio album, which happens to be a self-titled album, “Cold War Kids.” It includes songs such as “Double Life,” which infuses swing and jerky guitar riffs, while “Run Away With Me,” introduces the desire to escape, be wild and free with a funky groove. “Stray” discusses how we work hard to set ourselves up for success and how it's tragedy that brings us together.

“Now And Then* by The Beatles

Iconic musical group The Beatles return with a gift for fans in the form of their "new" song, "Now And Then," accompanied by a documentary streaming exclusively on Disney+ that reveals how the song came together. Paul McCartney shared that he used AI to produce the song: "We had John's voice and a piano and he could separate them with AI." As for the use of AI in music, in a Hollywood reporterv interviewhe described it as “Kind of scary and exciting. It's the future. We'll just have to see where that leads."

“We’re Starting To Look Like Each Other” by hey, nothing

Ten songs describe the debut album by hey, nothing, titled, “We’re Starting To Look Like Each Other.” It features a range of both electric guitar-driven and acoustic punk. “These songs are so special to us and I hope they will be to you too,” the band said in an Instagram post.

“Steal My Skin” by Jade LeMac

"Steal My Skin" explores exhaustion, disillusionment and a sense of giving up on meeting the expectations of others. It is emphasized in the exhausted lyrics, "Take what you want 'Cause I've got nothing left You can steal my skin / Every thought, every breath." You can enjoy the song by checking out the lyric video. You can also check out the five other songs on LeMac's new EP "Confessions."

@destroyertroyer

wt005221@ohio.edu