Aj Clayton (23) forward position on Ohio University Men's basketball team jumps for the jump ball to start the game at The Convo in Athens, Ohio, Nov. 2, 2023.

Men's Basketball: Ohio takes on Cleveland State

Ohio (1-0) couldn't have asked for a better start to the season after its 88-70 win over Troy. Now, the team will hope to build off its season opener with its first road test against Cleveland State (1-1).

Cleveland State dominated Defiance 102-41 in its last game after losing by two points to Duquesne in the team's season opener. Despite having already picked up a loss early in the season, the Vikings are set to be a contender in the Horizon League. After a below .500 record in non-conference games, The Vikings finished Horizon League play with a 14-6 record. The Vikings carried their strong play into the conference tournament where the team made a run to the Horizon League Championship. Cleveland State's run came up just short in a 63-61 loss to Northern Kentucky. For their efforts, the Vikings were included in the CBI but lost in the first round. This season, the Vikings were picked to finish fourth in the Horizon League's preseason poll.

Here's everything you need to know for Saturday:

Game Information:

Opponent: Cleveland State

Date and time: Saturday, Nov. 11 6 p.m.

Location: Wolstein Center, Cleveland

Meet the opponent

Head Coach: Daniyal Robinson (second season)

Probable starters:

#0 Tevin Smith

#1 Tae Williams

#3 Drew Lowder

#12 Dylan Arnett

#13 Tristan Enaruna

History

Ohio has dominated its matchup with Cleveland State, winning all six matchups dating back to the 2013-14 season. The Bobcats and Vikings have squared up every year since the 2020-21 season when the Bobcats won 101-46. Most recently, Ohio defeated Cleveland State 81-70 in The Convo in 2022. In the teams' last matchup in the Wolstein center in 2021-22, Ohio won in a lower-scoring game, 67-56.

Player to watch:

Tristan Enaruna is not only the Vikings' best player but one of the best players in the Horizon League. A transfer from both Iowa State and Kansas, Enaruna was the Vikings' leading scorer in the 2022-23 season, averaging nearly 16 points per game on an efficient 51% shooting. Enaruna was the Vikings' lone inclusion on the Horizon League preseason poll, making the Horizon League's first team. Enaruna is already off to a great start in the 2023 season, averaging 12.5 points per game in two games.

@GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu