Toledo Rockets lead 37-31 against the Ohio Bobcats at the half at the Semi-Finals of the MAC Men’s Basketball Tournament in Cleveland, Ohio on March 10, 2023.

MBB:Ohio looks to bounce back against Detroit Mercy

Ohio (1-1) is looking to bounce back from its last loss when it takes on Detroit Mercy this Saturday.

The Titans have had a difficult start to the season, but that doesn't mean the team is incapable of providing the Bobcats with a challenge. Although the Titans are 0-3, two of those losses came from power five opponents while the other came from Mid-American Conference school Toledo. Most recently, Detroit Mercy had its best game of the season against Ole Miss. Detroit Mercy lost the game 70-69 but held a lead late against Ole Miss. According to Ohio Coach Jeff Boals, Detroit is not a team to overlook.

"(There are) a lot of new pieces from last year and it always takes time for those guys to get chemistry," Boals said. "Coach Davis is obviously a really good coach ... Tuesday night they lost to Ole Miss by 1 and they should have won the game. They were leading late and played a competitive game for 40 minutes."

Here's everything you need to know for Saturday.

Game information

Opponent: Detroit Mercy

Date and time: Saturday, Nov. 18, 2 p.m.

Location: The Convo (Athens)

Meet the opponent:

Head Coach: Mike Davis (sixth season)

Probable Starters:

04 Marcus Tankersley

07 Abdullah Olajuwon

12 Trenton Johnson

14 Jayden Stone

23 Edoardo Del Cadia

History

Ohio has had a favorable record against Detroit Mercy in the four games the teams have played against each other. Ohio leads the all-time series 3-1, which includes two close wins since 2018. However, the Titans came out on top in 2022-23 in a matchup between the two in Detroit.

Player to watch:

Jayden Stone has been the Titans' number-one option offensively through three games. The senior guard leads the team with 20.7 points per game. Additionally, Stone is second on the team in rebounds per game with 5.7 and shoots an efficient 41.7% from three. Stone is one of the few returners from the Titans' 2022-23 squad and has played over 37 minutes a game for Detroit so far this season.

@GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu