Football: Week 9 Student Media Poll picks from "The Post"

Each week, the Sports' editorial team selects its Top 25 FBS college football teams for the Student Media Poll.

The SMP is a nationwide poll featuring 97 student journalists from schools across the nation.

The Post Sports will break down its ballots each week. Here are the top five, those dropped from the Top 25 and those added:

Robert Keegan III, Sports Editor 

Top 5:

1. Michigan 
  2. Ohio State 
  3. Georgia 
  4. Florida State 
  5. Texas 

Washington dropped out of my Top 5 this week after allowing 33 points to Stanford on Saturday. The Huskies remain at the top of college football this season with eight straight wins but sit at No. 6 in my ranking compared to last week's No. 5. 

Texas sneaks its way back into my Top 5 after a convincing win over BYU at home. Each week, Texas's previous wins look better and better. Texas's Week 5 win over Kansas may not have looked extremely impressive at the time, but now, Texas remains one of only two teams to beat Kansas this season. The Jayhawks are fresh off a huge upset win over Oklahoma this past weekend. 

Who I added

Kansas

Kansas' 38-33 win over Oklahoma was the surprise of the weekend in college football. A win over a Top 10 team is the only thing the Jayhawks were missing from an impressive 6-2 start to the season. 

Who I dropped

Duke 

Duke lost over the weekend to Louisville in a disappointing fashion. The game between the Cardinals and the Blue Devils seemed to be one of the closer matchups of the week between two top 20 teams before the week, the game did not go as some had expected. Duke fell 23-0 as previous Heisman contender Riley Leanord had one of his worst games of the season. 

Bobby Gorbett, Sports Editor 

Top 5:

1. Michigan
  2. Georgia
  3. Ohio State
  4. Florida State
  5. Washington

There were no changes to my Top 5 after each team won by at least two scores against their respective opponents. Michigan had its bye week, but each team looked solid heading toward the end of the season. Oklahoma may have entered the Top 5 with a quality win over Kansas but was upset in a close game on the road.

Who I added

Kansas, Tennessee

Kansas's win over Oklahoma is one of the best in College Football and vaults the team well into my Top 20. In addition to defeating Oklahoma, Kansas' loss to Oklahoma State only looks better, with Oklahoma State being on a four-game winning streak.

Tennessee picked up a nice bounce-back win against rival Kentucky after losing to Alabama. The Vols have played one ranked opponent all season and have two losses, so I'm not as high on them as most experts. However, the team's wins over probable bowl teams, Kentucky and Texas A+M, are good enough to have them back in the Top 25.

Who I dropped

Wyoming, North Carolina

Wyoming's latest loss to Boise State was its most lopsided and worst of the season. Boise State has been a difficult team on the blue turf, but a 32-7 loss likely means Wyoming will be out of the Top 25 for good.

North Carolina's loss to Georgia Tech is the team's second in a row to an opponent with a lesser record. Without any signature wins in the season, the Tar Heels are no longer in my Top 25.

GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu

@robert_keegan

bk272121@ohio.edu