Ohio took on Indiana in Taft Colosseum Sunday afternoon for the Championship round of the Tri-States Collegiate Hockey League Tournament. Ohio fell 4-3 in double overtime. 

DII Hockey: What to know ahead of Ohio's series with Louisville

Ohio is coming off of a dominant weekend against Robert Morris University. In two games, the Bobcats outscored the Colonials 15-6. It isn’t often that a team wins when an opposing player scores a hat trick, let alone a 10-3 win.

This weekend, Ohio will travel to Louisville, Kentucky to play Louisville (12-5). The Cardinals have been on a tear of their own as of late. Lousiville has won its last four matches, including two against Cincinnati. The Bobcats also played the Bearcats earlier this season, winning 7-2 and 5-2. Ohio’s offense will have to keep up its scoring rampage to keep its winning streak going this weekend.

Match Information

Opponent: University of Louisville Cardinals

Location: Iceland Sports Complex, Lydon, Kentucky

Date: Friday, Nov. 10 at 8 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 11 at 7 p.m.

How to watch: The link to the stream for each game will be posted on the team’s Instagram story before each game.

Get to know the Opponent

Statistical Leaders

Goals: Cam Costa (12)

Assists: Dalton Karl (16)

Points: Karl (26)

Saves: Nick Digiacomo (427)

Player (s) to watch

Louisville’s offense is carried by Karl and Costa. Karl leads the team in points with 26. He boasts 16 assists and 10 goals of his own. His partner in crime, Costa, has put up 22 points this season. With 12 goals and 10 assists, he is the Cardinals’ top scoring threat.

Even if the Bobcats are able to stop one of these two, Ohio has to watch out for Zach Burkhart. Burkhart only has 4 goals of his own but is clearly able to get his teammates involved, boasting 13 assists. If the Bobcat offense can put on a performance similar to last weekend, you can expect a high-scoring match this weekend. 

@tysonbernath