Photo provided via Ohio Division II Hockey. 

DII Hockey: What to know for the Battle of the Bricks

Ohio will take on Miami (OH) in a two-game series this weekend, and each team will host a home game. For Ohio, the team will host on Friday night in what should be a thrilling matchup between two teams on a winning streak.

Here is all the information you need to know for the weekend: 

Game information

Opponent: University of Miami (OH)

Locations: Bird Arena (Athens, Ohio) and Goggin Ice Center (Oxford, Ohio)

Date: Nov. 17 at 9:30 p.m. and Nov. 18 at 9 p.m.

How to watch: The link to the stream for each game will be posted on the @ohiohockeyd2 Instagram story before each game.

Miami Stat leaders

Points: Gabe Dombrowski (27)

Goals: Dombrowski (19)

Assists: Tyler Behl (12)

Saves: Noah Kinsinger (128)

Players to watch

Ohio (8-3-0) is returning to Athens with a four-game win streak, but Miami (12-4-1) is on a winning streak of its own. Gabe Dombrowski and Michael McCormick lead the Redhawks’ offense. The dual-scoring threat isn’t new for the Bobcats’ defense as they successfully dismantled the top scorers at Robert Morris University and the University of Louisville. Ohio will also need to look out for defenceman Tyler Behl, forward Colin Hartwell, and forward Erik Miller. The three have combined for 30 assists. The Redhawks have also played four different goalies throughout this season. Noah Kinsinger leads the team with 128 saves, but Jack Roach doesn’t trail far behind with 99 saves of his own. The Redhawks can challenge the Bobcats by presenting different looks defensively. 

Jersey auction and raffle

Ohio will hold a raffle and auction for retro jerseys during their game on Friday night in Bird Arena. The jerseys have been featured on the @ohiohockeyd2 Instagram. Videos and photos have been posted with players modeling the jersey. The team also gave a jersey to performer Ross Lynch, who wore it during his Athens concert.

@tysonbernath