An Ohio University Police Department car sits outside the dorms at Ohio University, Sept. 4, 2023.

Trespassing at Peden, gunshot wound from a hunting accident

Wrong target

A gunshot wound recorded at O’Bleness Hospital was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Upon arrival, deputies determined the wound was caused by a hunting accident. No further action was necessary.

Always watching

A reference of criminal trespass at Peden Stadium, at 200 Richland Ave., was reported to the Ohio University Police Department.

A report was taken for an allegation of trespassing at Peden Tower.

Suspicious of Spectrum

Suspicious Spectrum workers in Albany were reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Upon speaking to the workers, they were only doing their jobs. Deputies returned to patrol.

“Free” gas

Stolen gas on Dutch Ridge Road was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

A caller reported that his •adult son took several gallons of gasoline from the man’s off-road vehicle.

After deputies spoke with the caller, the man will be issued a summons.

On a Monday…

An intoxicated person at Washington Hall was reported to the Ohio University Police Department.

A student was cited for disorderly conduct by intoxication and was issued a court summons for criminal mischief. 

Just hangin’ with the GF

A missing sixteen-year-old male in The Plains was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

The boy was later located at his girlfriend’s residence. 

Knife talk

Nelsonville Police Department reported a man with a knife alongside the road on U.S. Route 33 to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival, deputies determined no evidence of criminal activity or mental distress was identified. 

No further action was necessary and deputies returned to patrol.

Backstabber

A case of criminal mischief on Rainbow Lake Road, Athens, was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

The caller told officers her brake lines and gas lines may have been sabotaged, and a report was taken.

Stay out of it 

A dispute on state Route 691 in Nelsonville was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Deputies spoke with multiple people on the scene to find out the situation. 

One party was issued a charge for disorderly conduct and underage consumption.

Cabin in the woods

A breaking and entering report occurred on state Route 356, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies saw a hunting cabin had been broken into and missing items from the property. A report was taken.

It’ll be legal soon, just not on campus

Possession of controlled substances was discovered at Jefferson Hall, according to OUPD.

During a fire alarm, officers seized marijuana for destruction. 

Bad person

A case of animal neglect on Pallo Road in Glouster was reported to the Sheriff’s Office.

A report was taken and forwarded to the Dog Warden.

@kendallkwright

kw229520@ohio.edu