5 Thanksgiving day outfit ideas to try this holiday season

Thanksgiving is just a few days away, meaning that family gatherings and delicious food are right around the corner for those who celebrate. Thanksgiving style is all about what you feel comfortable in. 

Whether you are going for a more casual look, or dressing up this holiday season, these ideas are sure to work for any style. While picking out an outfit for the occasion can be stressful, sometimes it’s important to stick to the simple things that are sure to complete any look. 

These five simple style ideas are perfect to wear for Thanksgiving. Most of these items are likely in your closet, or something you can borrow from a roommate or friend. Here are five outfit ideas for Thanksgiving 2023:

Mini skirt

Mini skirts are the perfect option for Thanksgiving outfits. You can either dress up the skirt or dress it down. For a simple black mini skirt, this one from Amazon comes in a range of sizes for only $20. A black mini skirt is perfect because you can add any color top or shoes to your look. If you want something a little different, opt for a patterned skirt, or even a colored skirt, to bring a pop to any outfit.

You can pair your mini skirt with a chunky sweater and boots. If you want to dress up your mini skirt, pair it with a bodysuit and a jacket or blazer over top. You can also add tights under the skirt for some added warmth.

Leather jacket

A leather jacket is a perfect touch to any Thanksgiving outfit. You can pair your jacket with a sweater and skirt to add an extra layer, or to dress it down you can throw it over jeans and a simple top. This one starting at $26.99, is great for the holiday season and comes in a variety of sizes. Leather jackets add an elevated style to any look and will keep you warm.

Leather jackets are trending this fall and go with just about everything. It’s a great staple to have in your closet, and a perfect jacket to bring out even past the Thanksgiving holiday. 

Black and white

A timeless color combination that works for any outfit and is a go-to if you’re not sure what to wear for Thanksgiving. The beauty of the color combo is you can include it in whatever outfit you choose. You can wear a white sweater with jeans and black boots, or vice versa. You can rock an all-black look and add white boots or chunky sneakers. 

No matter what combination of the two colors you’re doing, it’s sure to be a timeless look that’s cute and easy to put together. 

Sweaters

A classic Thanksgiving staple is a cozy sweater. Sweaters are the perfect option for this holiday. No matter what your plans are, a sweater is sure to keep you comfortable and looking cute. This crew neck sweater from ASOS,  at $32.99, comes in five colors and is perfect for the occasion. You can pair a sweater with just about any bottom, from leather pants to skirts or simple jeans, they are a perfect piece for any look. 

Sweaters are a go-to Thanksgiving outfit because they are perfectly cozy, and you can cater to your style. You can choose the best color for you and have fun adding accessories and bottoms that you love.

Accessories

No matter what look you choose to rock this Thanksgiving, it’s all about the accessories to go with. Bows have been a huge trend this fall season, and are a perfect way to add a little something to every outfit. This set from Target includes two neutral colors that are perfect to add to your cozy look, with a starting price of $5.60. Headbands are also a great touch to add to any hairstyle and can tie your whole look together perfectly. 

Whether you love gold or silver, hoop earrings are a great addition to any look. This pack from Amazon comes in both gold and silver and is budget-friendly, starting at $11.99. Hoop earrings are timeless and never go out of style. 

cl125221@ohio.edu