Fresh Finds Friday: music from Flozigg, Eyedress

This past week, we’ve gotten new music from Flozigg, Eyedress and Snoop Dogg.

Here are five new songs you should check out:

“Guarded Woman” by Flozigg

Swinging drums mesh with Flozigg’s ethereal vocals in “Guarded Woman,” a story told from a man’s perspective of a woman who is hesitant to open up to new experiences and places. The man in this situation wants to be in control and see the flowers and the woman grows open to different experiences. Flozigg went on his TikTok explaining the song as “offering an alternative male perspective.”

“Sadie Hawkins Prom” by Eyedress

It's prom time in this claymation animated music video, which features the wild anticipation that comes with getting ready and hitting the road to pick up your prom date with indie enthusiasm and ‘90s grunge tones overlaying the all-too-common message of senior year. The theme is solidified with lyrics like "Life is fast, don't let it pass you by / Make sure you don't waste no time everyone's just getting old." 

“Oral” by Björk, ROSALÍA

Icelandic singer/songwriter Björk joins forces with Rosalía to create a bending audioscape of strings and flutes on “Oral.” In the music video, Björk and Rosalía are in martial arts gear, kicking, twirling and spinning around the room in a mock fight with samurai swords. Björk shared on her Instagram why she released the song now: “This is a 25-year-old song of mine I wrote and programmed inspired by a dancehall beat (the grandmother of reggaeton). The profits (from the song) will all go to stop open net pen fish farming in Iceland.” 

“Doggystyle” by Snoop Dogg

It's been 30 years since the original release of Snoop Dogg's iconic album "Doggystyle." Now he's released the 30th anniversary edition of the beloved album featuring the original tracklist but with an extra gift in the long-sought song "Gz Up Hoes Down," which was only available exclusively on the first 100,000 units back in 1993. Snoop said about the release: "Thank you to all my loved ones and fans for riding with me all these years, and I look forward to the next 30. Love y'all." 

King” by Apashe, Busta Rhymes

Apashe has been outside of the box when it comes to his music. This time, he has help from hip-hop icon Busta Rhymes on "King," which serves as a lead track to Apashe's new album "Antagonist," which follows "Renaissance" (2020). In an interview with The Source, Apashe states about "King:" "Back in the ‘90s, a lot of beatmakers used to flip music samples into hip-hop. For this record, I wanted to do the same, except instead I wanted to compose it and show the sample untouched, and then flip the recordings and after a few demos and flips ‘King’ was born." You can watch the visualizer for the song here.

@destroyertroyer

wt005221@ohio.edu