Ohio University running back O’Shaan Allison (0) and teammates celebrate his touchdown against Central Michigan at Peden Stadium in Athens, Ohio, Nov. 15, 2023.

Football: Sieh Bangura, O'Shaan Allison, Tyler Walton enter transfer portal

This week, three Ohio football players, running backs Sieh Bangura O'Shaan Allisonand wide receiver Tyler Walton announced via X, formerly known as Twitter, that they were entering the transfer portal.

Bangura has led the Bobcats in rushing yards for two straight seasons. In 2022, Bangura had 1,078 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns on his way to becoming MAC Freshman of the Year. Bangura didn't have quite the same statistical year in 2023, but still led the team with 811 yards while running for seven touchdowns.

Allison has played for the Bobcats since 2018; however, his breakout season was in 2019. Allison led the Bobcats with 869 yards and six rushing touchdowns.

Walton had a career year as a redshirt fifth-year. Walton finished the season with 37 catches for 349 yards and two touchdowns. Walton made a strong impact in games against San Diego State and Buffalo. In both games, the receiver had six catches with 56 yards against San Diego State and 62 yards against Buffalo.

Ohio will now be without its top two running backs in its bowl game against Georgia Southern.

@GorbettBobby 

bg238320@ohio.edu