Fresh Finds Friday: Faye Webster returns with new music

Happy Friday! This past week, we have new music from Faye Webster and Lil Yachty, The Black Crowes and MGMT.

Here are five new songs you should check out:

“Lego Ring” by Faye Webster, Lil Yachty

Trippy backing vocals from Lil Yachty mixed with a heavy rock riff and a predominant feature of Faye Webster's productions sums up "Lego Ring." The track is a collaboration between two long-term friends, as Webster and Yachty have known each other since middle school. 

"We basically came from the same place and were doing the same thing, so it's really inspiring to see him thrive,” Webster said to UPROXX. “What we do is different, but when we're together, it doesn't feel that way at all.

"Lego Ring" comes with a music video that features a video game the duo plays, which Webster also made to support her single. Furthermore, you'll see "Lego Ring" on her forthcoming album "Underdressed at The Symphony," which will be released on March 1. 

“Wanting and Waiting” by The Black Crowes

The Black Crowes, known for their iconic song “She Talks to Angels,” are returning with their first album in 15 years. The LP, entitled “Happiness Bastards,” will arrive March 15. 

In a press release, the band stated, “Following decades marked by sex, drugs, fights, breakups, and divorce, they are leaving their bulls*** behind.” 

The first teaser single off the album, “Wanting and Waiting,” is a rock-fused song talking about waiting for love to come back, evident in the lyrics: “I’ve been so lost on my own since the day you said goodbye / I’m nothing but lonely waiting and wanting.”

“Safe Word” by serpentwithfeet

This past October, serpentwithfeet announced his upcoming album “GRIP,” which features his now-released song, “Safe Word.” A slow, intimate track with delicate coos, the vocal choices represent the song's overall meaning. 

According to a statement by the singer, he said, “Safe Word is a sensual song about the beauty of trust that’s been earned and the wonder that follows when partners explore each other with care.” “GRIP” is set to release Feb. 16.

“Nothing To Declare” by MGMT

MGMT, the band behind great albums such as “Oracular Spectacular” and “Little Dark Age,” released a new three-song EP, “Nothing To Declare,” on Jan. 10. The EP includes the traditional psych-tinged digital artscapes that usually fill the space of its tracks but uses a more acoustic folk path this time around. With decent results, the EP also came with a music video for its title track.

Band member Irna Petry recently talked about the video with Stereogum, explaining that the video takes place in an airport, except the characters are not declaring the intentions of a trip but declaring the circumstances of going through customs. These singles come as MGMT gears toward its forthcoming album “Lost of Life,” set to release Feb. 23 

“In Emerald” by Wyatt C. Louis

Nêhiyaw singer/songwriter Wyatt C. Louis shares his new song "In Emerald," which is all about the shimmer and sun-soaked odes to a weekend getaway with your partner. The singer said, "It's an ode to all my teachers growing up, and for the people who really saw what I'd be at a young age." You can catch Louis on tour with Noah Reid throughout the U.S. this winter.

@destroyertroyer

wt005221@ohio.edu