Jaylin Hunter on Ohio University's Mens Basketball team, leads the team out for warm ups at The Convo, in Athens, Dec. 6, 2023.

Men's Basketball: Ohio looks to build winning streak against Eastern Michigan

Ohio (8-9, 2-3 Mid-American Conference) finally seemed to show what it was capable of in its 73-61 win on Tuesday over Central Michigan; now, Ohio will shift its focus to winning back-to-back games for the first time since November. Ohio will host Eastern Michigan (8-9, 1-4 MAC), an opponent who is coming in with a three-game losing streak.

The Eagles have faced issues similar to those the Bobcats have at the start of the 2023-24 season. Like the Bobcats, the Eagles still managed to have an above .500 record following a difficult nonconference schedule, but during the MAC play, the offense has struggled enough to lead to a losing streak. The Eagles have averaged just 60 points during their three-game losing streak. In all three games, the Eagles were defeated by at least 14 points.

Here is all you need to know for Saturday's game.

Game information

Opponent: Eastern Michigan

Time: 4 p.m.

How to watch: ESPN +

Follow live stats here

Meet the opponent:

Head Coach: Stan Heath (second season)

Probable Starters:

#01 Jalin Billingsley

#05 Tyson Acuff

#06 Julius Ellerbe

#21 Cyril Martynov

#55 Orlando Lovejoy

Statistical leaders

Points: Acuff 21.8 (per game)

Rebounds: Ellerbe (5.2 per game)

Assists: Acuff (46)

Field-Goal Percentage: Martynov (55%)

3-point Percentage: Yusuf Jihad (46.2%)

Free-Throw Percentage: Arne Osojnik (85.7%)

History:

Ohio has had a great deal of recent success against Eastern Michigan. Dating back to 2005, the Bobcats have won 16 of 23 games against the Eagles. Most recently, the Bobcats have won five of their last six games against the Eagles but dropped last season's contest on the road by a score of 90-79.

Player to watch: Tyson Acuff

Acuff is the motor behind the Eastern Michigan offense; not only does Acuff average over 20 points per game, but he also leads the team in both assists and steals. Acuff, the MAC's leading scorer in 2023-24 so far, also leads the conference in average minutes per game with 37.5.

@GorbettBobby 

bg238320@ohio.edu