Celebrity power couple predictions for 2024

Last year was infamous for celebrity breakups. From Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner to Rosalía and Rauw Alejandro, it is hard to tell which couples will survive the year. Now, at the beginning of 2024, it will be interesting to see which couples make it and which will not.

Here is a list of celebrity couple predictions for 2024:

Long-term couples will continue to thrive

It seems like love has not yet faded for celebrity couples who have been together for over a decade. Icons like Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively have proven that, even with busy schedules, the actors can find time to support and make fun of each other. While many couples have been together for years and have still broken up, more celebrities seem to have made their relationships work and found their way back to each other.

A couple that many have been rooting for is Robert Pattinson and Suki Waterhouse. The actors have been dating for about five years and are expecting their first child together. Their relationship likely will not end anytime soon, as they recently announced their engagement. Similarly, newly married couple Jack Antonoff and Margaret Qualley will thrive throughout 2024, especially after sharing their love for each other in the musician's newest single, "Tiny Moves."

Other established long-term couples that will last the year are Miles and Keleigh Teller, who have been together since 2013, and Beyoncé and Jay-Z, who have been together since the early 2000s. Honorable mentions to Rachel Zegler and Josh Andres, who met on the set of Steven Spielberg's "West Side Story." The pair have been together since 2021, and the couple's love for one another on and offline is quite memorable. 

"PR couples" will end in heartbreak

Many entertainment outlets have named certain celebrity relationships "PR relationships" because of how unfit two celebrities seem to be for each other. Last year, Matty Healy and Taylor Swift were a perfect example of this, as many saw the couple as a publicity stunt for both stars to get more media attention.

While those two have since broken up, many PR relationships are still bound to end in heartbreak. Timothée Chalamet and Kylie Jenner are a couple everyone has their eyes on. While media outlets are not sure exactly when these two first got together, it does not seem like their relationship will last long. I predict the two will be broken up by the end of 2024, as both have extremely full schedules and lifestyles. Plus, dating a Kardashian-Jenner will not be an easy job for the "Dune: Part Two" actor, considering Kylie's life as a busy socialite, business owner and mother. 

Another celebrity couple that may not last the year is Sabrina Carpenter and Barry Keoghan, as the two were recently spotted together at a Grammy Awards after-party in early February. With a seven-year age gap, many fans were shocked to see the singer linked with the Irish actor, taking to Twitter, or X, to express their opinions.

Again, this pair will not likely last, considering the singer is touring alongside Swift this spring and summer throughout Europe and the U.K. It was also recently announced that Keoghan would be replacing Paul Mescal in Christopher Andrew's Bring Them Down and just landed the lead in an Iraq War movie, Amo Saddam, with Chernobyl director Johan Renck.

Engagements are on the horizon in 2024

Many would not be surprised to see a few celebrity engagements happen throughout 2024, even if they seem rushed. This may be a long shot, but Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce could be engaged by the end of the year as their relationship seems to be getting more serious after the singer has been at Kelce's side more and more recently. 

The two met last July after Kelce attempted to give the singer a friendship bracelet with his phone number at her "Eras Tour." However, Swift didn't reciprocate any feelings of interest until she appeared at one of the tight end's first football games with the Kansas City Chiefs at the end of September. Since then, the two have been romantically linked, with Kelce reportedly following Swift on the European and U.K. legs of her tour this spring and summer. 

Another couple that may be engaged soon is Kali Uchis and Don Toliver, new parents who have been together for over three years. While marriage is not necessarily a priority now for many celebrities, fans would love to see these two get engaged. Likewise, an engagement between Rihanna and A$AP Rocky has also been predicted, especially after the couple are now parents to two boys.

Younger couples like Millie Bobby Brown and Jake Bongiovi may also continue to get engaged. Although they are not as young as Brown and Bongiovi, couples such as Zendaya and Tom Holland, and Phoebe Bridgers and Bo Burnham may also get engaged this year due to their seemingly loving relationships in the public eye.

grace_koe

gk011320@ohio.edu