What your favorite boy band says about you

The past few decades have blessed us with a wide variety of boy bands. With fans all over the world, boy bands continue to sell out shows and win teenage hearts. Boy bands are, and probably always will be, one of the biggest parts of the music industry. 

Here's what your favorite one says about you.

One Direction

If you are a fan of One Direction, you probably grew up reading tons of Wattpad and listening to the album "Up All Night" on repeat. You are also loyal, but do not let parting ways (i.e., Zayn Malik leaving the band or the band breaking up) drag you down. You may also be a big Harry Styles or Niall Horan fan now, always continuing to support the members of your favorite boy band. Like many of us, you are extremely hopeful the band will one day get back together. 

5 Seconds of Summer

Although 5SOS's boy band status is up for debate for some, the band is included in this list because it toured with One Direction. If your favorite boy band is 5SOS, you've probably gone through an emo phase, and your favorite song was once "She Looks so Perfect." Your favorite member was likely Luke Hemmings or Ashton Irwin. You are unapologetic about what you want and know how to have a good time. That's what makes you kinda hot.

Backstreet Boys

If you are not a fan of NSYNC, then you are undoubtedly a Backstreet Boys lover. The band has been together for over 25 years and is still going strong. Just like the band, you are dedicated and loyal. You also have a balance in your life; one minute, you're going out for a good time, but the next, you are staying in for a night to yourself. You are also a romantic who is not afraid to express your feelings. I would want it that way, too.

Jonas Brothers

If your favorite boy band is the Jonas Brothers, you definitely grew up watching Disney Channel watching movies like "Camp Rock." If you are a new fan outside of the Disney era, you are a chill person and a sucker for a good time. Whether you are an old fan or a new fan, you love your family and friends. Your siblings are also some of the closest people to you in your life. You just enjoy being around people you love, and that is so cool.

Big Time Rush

Whether or not Big Time Rush should be included on a boy band list is debatable, but considering the group is releasing new music and touring, it makes sense to add the boys to this list. If your favorite boy band is BTR, you grew up watching the show on Nickelodeon and have been a devoted fan since. 

Like Backstreet Boys lovers, you are loyal to the band and excited that BTR is back together. Your favorite member was probably Kendall or James, and you always wanted them to be your boyfriend growing up. You spread your love and happiness worldwide and everyone loves that for you. 

New Kids On The Block

If you love New Kids On The Block, you are a huge ‘80s fan. Even though the members are not kids anymore, you have matured right alongside them. You always enjoy a good throwback song and some sensational dance moves. New Kids On The Block offers a timeless approach to music that is still present in their new music, and you are thankful for the chance to listen to them on repeat. 

BTS

Music universally crosses all cultures and language barriers, especially a good BTS song. While most of BTS’s songs are in Korean, the group has an incredibly diverse fan base. BTS is a relatively new boy band, but it has stolen hearts all over the world. If BTS is your go-to boy band, you are passionate and enjoy the small things in life. You do not need anyone's permission to dance and love to have a fun night out.

NSYNC

If your favorite boy band is NSYNC, you are a ‘90s fan and have an addictive energy that brings everyone to the dance floor. You are the life of the party and always have a good time. You also love the "It's Gonna Be Me" and "Bye Bye Bye" memes because it gives you an excuse to listen to some of the band’s chart toppers. Even though this band has been broken up for some time, and this does tear up your heart, you still keep the group’s songs on all your playlists.

ashleypomplas 

ap125920@ohio.edu