What your favorite girl band says about you

For over 100 years, we have been blessed to have all-female musical groups in the music industry. While many successful solo careers have come out of these groups, we must remember where they started. Girl bands have increased in popularity over the years and have created a lasting impact on the music industry.

Here's what your favorite one says about you:

Spice Girls

If your favorite girl group is the Spice Girls, you are a '90s fan. You love all of the trends ranging from makeup looks to clothes and music. You love hitting up the dance floor and having a fun night out. The Spice Girls were formed in 1994 and they redefined the concept of a “girl group" by targeting a young female fanbase. 

The group dominated British pop culture and cultivated the banner of "Girl Power," which you firmly believe in. You always wanna be the center of attention and are not afraid to make that known. The group broke up in 2001, but you do not let that stop you from adding their songs to all of your dancing playlists. 

Destiny's Child

This is either your favorite girl group or you are a Beyoncéfan. Either way, Destiny's Child is, and always will be, one of the most iconic girl groups of all time. Destiny's Child was an American musical girl group that began as Girl's Tyme, formed in 1990 in Houston, Texas. After years of limited success, the original quartet signed in 1997 to Columbia Records as Destiny's Child.

If this band is your favorite girl group, you are an independent woman and do not let anyone get in your way. You have excellent fashion taste and also love a good night out. You are a survivor and nothing brings you down. 

Pussycat Dolls

Don't cha wish everyone was fun like you? The Pussycat Dolls were an American girl group and dance ensemble founded in Los Angeles and they achieved success with several hit singles. At the suggestion of Jimmy Lovine, the original burlesque troupe took on the mainstream as a pop group.

Like the group members, you have a fun sense of style and do not care what anyone thinks of you. You hold yourself to a high standard and do not give anyone enough time to react. You always wanted to be just like these sexy women when you grew up; you wanted to be famous, you wanted to be a star and you wanted to be in movies. 

TLC

Don't go chasing waterfalls; TLC is up next. TLC was an American girl group formed in 1990 in Atlanta. TLC also sold over 65 million records. The band remains one of the most successful hip-hop outfits.

If your favorite girl group is TLC, you have an upbeat personality and are very extroverted. Like Spice Girls fans, you are a '90s fan and love fashion. Like the band, you do not let anyone stop you from chasing your dreams. You do not need an introduction when you walk into a room.  

Fifth Harmony

Have no fear; there's plenty of space to squeeze Fifth Harmony on this list. Fifth Harmony was an American girl group based in Miami. It is one of the best-selling girl groups of all time and was the last contestant eliminated in the second season of the American singing competition series "The X Factor" in 2012. Camila Cabello was one of the members before she split to go solo in 2016. 

If you are a fan of 5H, you are a 2000s fan and love to watch television shows "The X Factor" and "American Idol." You love to blast a good throwback song and sing like no one is watching. We know you are a role model to others and are extremely kind. When people see you, they think, “that’s my girl."

ashleypomplas 

ap125920@ohio.edu