Heavy Weather is pioneering a new direction in indie-alt 

Heavy Weather is bringing back all the angst with its new release, "Irish Goodbye." The track revels in the heavy frustration of modern relationships, highlighting the feeling of not wanting to be at a party. It also revolves around being held back by someone you fall in love with. 

Heavy Weather is an indie-rock/alternative quintet from Livingston, Scotland. The band was formed by vocalist Lewis Harley. Members include guitarists Jack McFaul and Nathan Sinclair, drummer Grant Herpich and bassist Billy McFaul.

This tight-knit group was friends long before the formation of Heavy Weather in early 2023. This connection and trust in each other has allowed them to tap into the sheer authenticity and honesty often lost when creating art. 

After releasing its first song, Heavy Weather is set to become a new sound for indie and alternative music with its new single, crafting a gorgeous symphony of earthy vocals and ethereal guitar melodies layered over a driving rhythm section. This manifestation of post-pandemic expression and the deeply rooted emotions is guaranteed to make listeners feel the angst that Heavy Weather is conveying. 

According to a news release, the band's major influences when creating such deep and raw music come from a mix of old and new artists in the industry, such as The Smiths, Inhaler, Radiohead, Fontaines D.C., my bloody valentine and Blossoms.

The influence is heard by audiences everywhere, tapping into the heavy emotion and heartache of the modern love scene. The song also touches on the overwhelming ache of hiding your feelings but also wanting to fall in love in the most picturesque and cinematic fashion. This concept has plagued the minds of the newer generation with the dawn of films such as "10 Things I Hate About You," "The Notebook" and "Call Me by Your Name." 

This track echoes the bittersweet exposition of falling in love. During the climax, the members of this story are inevitably drawn to each other and realize that they cannot hide from what they feel. If you want to find out how this love story ends, you should listen for yourself. Why spoil the ending?

There is so much fierce passion and somberness behind every line of "Irish Goodbye." The sound resembles a mix of 1990s grunge and alternative rock paired with the new wave of indie softness and contempt for love. 

Despite being new to the scene, Heavy Weather is a force to be reckoned with. The band has played sold-out shows at Sneaky Pete's and Nice N Sleazys, two prominent music spaces in the heart of Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Heavy Weather is currently touring with The Northern Threads and playing alongside The Nohans and Stevie Pete. They are preparing for the April leg of the U.K. tour in Glasgow.

Whether you are more of a hard rock fan or a mellow, Monday-night Lofi lover, you should check out "Irish Goodbye" on all streaming platforms now. It's the perfect mix of melancholy nights and contains a driving force and rhythm to keep you listening and jamming out to it. 

Audiences are patiently waiting for the band's next release. With a solid group of talented musicians and the perfect creative tap to make music that makes you feel something, we can expect Heavy Weather to keep pushing the limit and cultivate a growing fanbase.

@shylaalgeri

sa681022@ohio.edu