Dillon Masters smiles from Ohio's dugout during its game against Miami on April 14, 2023, at Bob Wren Stadium. Photo by Ashley Beach

Baseball: All you need to know for Campbell

Ohio (2-1) travels to North Carolina this weekend to face off against Campbell in the season's second series. Last weekend, Ohio defeated Lipscomb twice, only losing once in the three-game series. 

Ohio’s offense was particularly strong against Lipscomb, scoring 26 total runs in the series. Campbell (3-1) is having a great start to its season, defeating No. 17-ranked UC Santa Barbara twice in a three-game series, then defeating No. 11 East Carolina on Tuesday.

Series Information

Opponent: Campbell

Location: Jim Perry Stadium (Lillington, North Carolina)

Dates and Times: Friday at 5 p.m., Saturday at 3 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m.

Live stats can be followed here

Friday’s and Saturday’s games can be watched here

Meet the Opponent

Head Coach: Justin Haire (ninth season)

Impact Players

Grant Knipp, junior C/P

Zach Sabers, sophomore RHP

Lawson Harrill, senior OF

Jackson Roberts, sophomore RHP

Reed Stallman, junior, 1B

Campbell Notes

Campbell is coming off a strong season in 2023, winning the Big South Conference championship before moving to the Coastal Athletic Association in 2024. 

The Fighting Camels lost top players this year, but you would not be able to tell after their wins over East Carolina and UC Santa Barbara, both in the college baseball top 25. Campbell will be a very difficult series for Ohio and will show just how good the team can be moving forward.

Players to Watch

Gideon Antle was astounding in the first three games for Ohio with a .733 batting average, a 1.333 slugging percentage and 4 RBIs. Freshman JR Nelson also shined in the first three games for Ohio, batting .667 with a .769 on-base percentage.

On the pitching side, senior LHP Jacob Tate had a solid start to the season, pitching four innings and only allowing one earned run in Saturday’s matchup against Lipscomb.

ls705922@ohio.edu