Ohio University's Noah Holt (9) goes for the puck at the game against Iowa State at Bird Ice Arena, Feb. 3, 2024, in Athens.

Hockey: Ohio to face Liberty in weekend rematch

This weekend, Ohio will face Liberty following its 6-1 victory against Drexel last Saturday. The win against Drexel was a powerful one and showed “that it could still be a formidable presence in the national tournament.”

Ohio currently sits at No. 8 in the ACHA M1 Ranking. Ohio is placed a spot above Niagara and a spot below its upcoming opponent in Liberty. That being said, the Bobcats will be one of the 24 teams in the ACHA National Championships this season, which begins at the beginning of March. 

The game this weekend will be the last before nationals, giving a challenging test for the Bobcats with a team that has been hard to beat this season.

Here is everything you need to know in preparation for this weekend’s game: 

Series Information:

Opponent: Liberty

Date and time: Saturday at 7 p.m.

Location: Lynchburg, Virginia

History:

Liberty most recently swept Ohio at the beginning of February. The Flames have swept the Bobcats in back-to-back series this season. The Bobcats will be looking to avoid 5 straight losses to the Flames.

Statistical Leaders: 

Total Points: Jacob Kalandyk (41)

Goals: Kalandyk (19)

Assists: Kalandyk (22)

Penalty Minutes: Colten Kovich (65)

Player to watch:

One to watch would be Jacob Kalandyk. Although Kalandyk is trailing Ohio’s Luc Reeve in points by 5 this season, he is still one to watch for Ohio to get a win from the game this weekend. Kalandyk is Liberty’s leader in nearly every major statistical category.

@maggieallwein24

ma417020@ohio.edu