Ohio guard Jaylin Hunter (12) looks to make a move during the Men's Basketball game against Miami at The Convo, Feb. 3, 2024.

Men's Basketball: Ohio looks to stay hot against Ball State

After defeating Miami on Saturday, Ohio (12-10, 6-4 MAC) is one of the Mid-American Conference's hottest teams. Ohio will look to make it four straight wins and six wins in seven games against Ball State (12-10, 4-6 MAC).

However, if Ohio wants to pick up the win, it must do so on the road. As well as the Bobcats have played recently, only one of their wins came on the road. Still, the team's road record stands at just 1-5.

The Cardinals' season has been a bit of an inverse of the Bobcats' season. After a very strong start with an 8-4 record in non-conference play, the Cardinals have won just four of their first 10 games in MAC play. The Cardinals got off to an abysmal 1-5 start in conference play but have since come back to win three of their last four games.

Game information

Opponent: Ball State

Time: Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Location: Worthen Arena (Muncie, IN)

How to watch: ESPN +

Meet the opponent:

Head Coach: Michael Lewis (second season)

Probable starters:

01 Jalin Anderson

03 Mickey Pearson Jr.

05 Davion Bailey

11 Basheer Jihad

13 Trent Middleton Jr.

Statistical Leaders:

Points: Jihad (19.5 per game)

Rebounds: Jihad (7.8 per game)

Assists: Anderson (4.5 per game)

Steals: Anderson (1.8 per game)

Blocks: Jihad (1.1 per game)

Field-Goal Percentage: Ben Hendriks (59.8)

Three-point percentage: Trent Middleton Jr. (46.9)

Free-throw percentage: Pearson Jr. (88.6%)

History:

Ohio has been dominant against Ball State in recent history. Since 2011, Ohio has won 17 of 20 matchups against Ball State. Most recently, Ohio is on a six-game winning streak against Ball State. Last season, Ohio won both meetings against Ball State, including a 90-70 blowout at Ball State.

Player to watch: Basheer Jihad

Jihad has been an absolute breakout star for the Cardinals this season, averaging 19.5 points a game, a massive jump from the seven points he averaged as a sophomore last season. Jihad is currently the MAC's third-leading scorer and averages the fourth most rebounds in the league, with nearly eight a game. At 6 foot, 9 inches, Jihad is the largest member of the Cardinals' starting lineup and will likely be guarded by Ohio's AJ Clayton or Gabe Wiznitzer.

@GorbettBobby 

bg238320@ohio.edu