Card-reader broken in Bromley, banner stolen

One man’s trash is another man's treasure

Possible trash and junk in the street on Mill Creek Road in Millfield was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Upon arrival, deputies did not find trash in the road but noticed a vehicle parked close by. Officers spoke to the owner of the vehicle, who agreed to move it farther away.

That’s not how you make friends...

A telecommunications harassment in Washington Hall was reported to the Ohio University Police Department.

OUPD took a report for an unknown individual extorting money for actions on social media. 

Forget catalytic converters, I want the whole thing!

A suspicious vehicle in Trimble was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Once officers arrived, they discovered the vehicle was stolen. They then contacted the owner of the vehicle, and as of Monday, the case is under review.

Sorry, forgot my ID

An offense of destruction of property at Bromley Hall was reported to the Ohio University Police Department.

A report was taken for damage done to a swipe-card reader. 

There must have been some fire drinks

A drunk and disorderly male at Ray’s Harvest House in Albany was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Officers spoke with the man and escorted him out of the restaurant after he paid his bill.

Get better at acting sober

An intoxicated person at Lincoln Hall was reported to the Ohio University Police Department.

OUPD charged a student with an underage citation, consuming alcohol.

W Dad

Athens County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to Oakdale Road in Glouster to help a man retrieve his children, per a court order. 

After deputies arrived, the dad gained custody of his children without incident. No further action was necessary. 

Invest in paper towels

Destruction of property at Jefferson Hall was reported to the Ohio University Police Department.

OUPD took a report of damage done to a hand dryer. 

Those dollar deals are just too good

While the Sheriff’s Office deputies were patrolling in New Marshfield, they observed a verbal altercation in the parking lot of the Family Dollar.

Officers stopped and spoke with the people involved, who then separated. No further action was necessary. 

RAs don’t get paid enough for this

A theft in Shively Hall was reported to the Ohio University Police Department.

A banner was stolen from the hall.

Self-care day

Officers were dispatched to check Fisher Road in Athens for a woman who had not shown up to work in days.

Deputies contacted the woman, who told them she was fine and did not need help.

You look beautiful through your window btw…

An individual in Lodi Township told Sheriff’s Office deputies they received a strange text from their neighbor.

Officers told the complainant about blocking the number or if they wanted to trespass the neighbor. The individual told officers they wanted to file a report in case something happened. 

We get it

A complaint of a vehicle with a loud exhaust on Willow Creek Road in Athens was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies patrolled the area but were unable to find the vehicle mentioned. Officers returned to patrol.

@kendallkwright   

kw229520@ohio.edu