Stolen car recovered, large trash fire

Gotcha now

A breaking-and-entering complaint in Torch was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

The caller told deputies that someone broke into the garage and vacant trailer on the property and stole multiple items.

Items that were left behind by the suspect were collected and sent to the Bureau of Criminal Investigation for DNA testing. 

I was hungryyy

A theft occurred at Wray House, according to the Ohio University Police Department.

OUPD took a report of a stolen DoorDash order.

Need to pay them somehow

A caller reported to the Sheriff’s Office that student loans from 2015-2018 were being applied for using the caller’s information. As of Friday, no further details have been released. 

Vroom vroom

The Ohio University Police Department reported a theft.

OUPD took a report of a recovered stolen vehicle.

Something smells burnt... and stinky

A large trash fire on Knollwood Court was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Once deputies arrived, they saw a large fire with many items being burnt. A report was taken and forwarded to the Sheriff’s Office environmental deputy for further investigation. 

Gam sweet Gam

An offense of destruction of property at Gamertsfelder Hall was reported to the Ohio University Police Department.

OUPD took a report of a damaged exit sign.

A snowy mystery

Suspicious activity on High Street in Glouster was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival, the caller showed deputies footprints in the snow and told officers that the prints were not their own or didn’t belong to anyone in their family.

Deputies patrolled the area but did not come into contact with anyone.

Water broke

Destruction of property occurred at James Hall, according to the Ohio University Police Department.

OUPD took a report on the damage done to a water fountain. 

Better late than never

A complainant told the Athens County Sheriff’s Office deputies about a vehicle wreck that happened two months prior. Deputies filed a report. 

Needed some fresh air

A well-being check at Strouds Run State Park was conducted by the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival, deputies did not come into contact with anyone in the area, so they resumed patrol.

Later, the individual the deputies were looking for called the office and told deputies they were OK.

Oldest trick in the book

Destruction of property in Dougan House was reported to the Ohio University Police Department.

OUPD took a report on a covered smoke detector. 

Even stinkier

A rekindle on Knollwood Court in Athens was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Since there was a previous report on this fire, an investigation was opened Monday.

Catch me if you can

A business on North Plains Road reported a bad check to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. A report was taken, and as of Tuesday, an investigation is pending.

@kendallkwright

kw229520@ohio.edu