10 more songs to get you through finals week

It’s the end of the year, your overdue assignments are stacked high, you’re running on a little too much caffeine and all you want is to sleep in until 3 in the afternoon. What you need is a playlist to give you that final push over the finish line.

all-american b——” by Olivia Rodrigo

Anger is an emotion that can be channeled into something constructive or productive. “all-american b——” is an angry song that can raise any underlying anger to the surface. Therefore, it is a perfect song for channeling any frustrations into pushing through finals week.

The Chain” by Fleetwood Mac

There are few things more motivating than a killer guitar riff, and Fleetwood Mac has just that in its 1977 song, “The Chain.” When the track is combined with harmonized vocals and steadily rising volume, it becomes a perfect study song.

Empire Now” by Hozier

Hozier’s 2024 track “Empire Now” is the newest song to grace the list, and it enters it with reason. It is cinematic, with sweeping string arrangements and an intense rhythm, making it ideal for any intense study sessions or project works.

I Won’t Back Down” by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

The amount of assignments you have to balance against your already busy life is exponentially increasing; however, this song reinforces that you won’t back down either.

The Pretender” by Foo Fighters

The song starts slow and fingerpicked before an intense drumline comes in. It is followed by aggressive guitars and energized vocals, making “The Pretender” a fantastic study song for staying energized in your pursuit of academic success.

Rockestra Theme” by Wings

Sometimes songs with lyrics can be too distracting while you’re trying to study, but the average instrumental piece might leave you understimulated. Enter “Rockestra Theme,” a classic rock instrumental to ease distractions and keep that will leave you motivated and not distracted.

Take Me To The Pilot” by Elton John

Elton John and songwriter Bernie Taupin were not too sure what “Take Me to the Pilot” meant. The sentiment might apply to your feelings about the assignments and course load ahead of you, making this an excellent song choice.

Ancient Names (Part I)” by Lord Huron

A constant sense of movement is felt within this song, without a single rest until the end drops off and crescendos into a distorted electric guitar that cuts off abruptly. It is a motivating sound and will be able to push you through until the end.

Half Life” by Djo

An initial eerie start slowly builds into a release of tension in the chorus with just the right tempo for being productive. As a result, “Half Life” becomes a perfect study song to make it through the rest of the week.

coast to coast” by almost monday

At the end of the day, it’s important to remember what’s on the other side of finals week stress: summertime. The rising temperatures have signaled summer is upon us, providing that we manage to finish the semester off on a high note. “coast to coast” is a reminder of that.

as589820@ohio.edu

@alicia_szcz