Second half: Ohio 80, Akron 55

Best overall game Ohio has played all season. Offense clicked for most of the game. Cooper was fantastic. Baltic and Waahington were effective in the post. I've never seen Cooper shoot 3s like that. The biggest part of this game was the defense. Ohio allowed only 55 points. I've said all season if Ohio plays defense, the opponent is in trouble. Well, the opponents are officially in trouble.

3:53 Ohio rolling tonight. No second half letdown tonight. washington with 10 big second-half points after not playing much in the first half. Stayed out of foul trouble this half as well

6:04 It's lava cake time with 6 minutes to play. Wow. Most complete offensive game Ohio has played in a while. From start to finish, as well

8:00 Cooper has been sensational. He has made seven 3-pointers already. Two of them have been from halfway to halfcourt. He's ishing.not a typically good shooter, but this has been astonishing

11:38 T.J. Hall is the only Bobcats not to score so far. The distribution is pretty even, too. Cooper has seven assists. Akron's team has only four.

12:20 Green man in attendance and wins the dance competition. Of course. I called it before they took the court.

14:01 Game getting a little sloppy now. It was bound to happen at some point. The Bobcats were playing too perfect. They need to not let it all get away, though a 25-point cushion is pretty safe

17:59 No dropoff here from the Bobcats. Alley-oop to Washington to start the half. Bobcats on 25-2 run dating back to the first half.

First half:Ohio 44, Akron 22

Sorry for the lack of updates. I was fixing a bunch of technical problems with the blog and live blog. But the Bobcats stormed through Akron in the first half. The offense looked incredible all the way around. The defense held the Zips to a 33 percent shooting clip. Incredible. We'll see if they don't blow it this time.

7:35 The Bobcats are playing great basketball. As much as I don't want to bring last year into this, they're doing almost exactly what they did last year. The only difference is, they started playing well a few weeks earlier this season

8:00 Bobcat offense looks as good as I've ever seen it right now. Baltic, Keely, Cooper and Freeman all getting involved.

14:36 Wow. That was fast. Teams running up and down the court and The Convo has great energy. I love it. The O-Zone actually showed up tonight.

Pregame: Although it is Ohio's last regular-season home gane, the Bobcats have a good chance to host a first-round MAC Tournament game. They also have a chance to get a first-round bye and go directly to Cleveland, so we'll see what happens

Nice reception for the seniors on Senior Day. Tommy Freeman received the loudest reception, deservingly so. Great overall ovations for Freeman, DeVaughn Washington, Asown Sayles and Adetunji Adedipe, though.

Crowd boos Akron louder than it does any team besides Miami. It's no secret these teams don't like each other. The players even tweeted before their last meeting that they openly "hate" the Zips and coach Keith Dambrot. This should be interesting