At the time of my last post, Michelle Jantsch was not able to comment on the experience of playing in France.  After some time, she has gotten back to me and here is what she had to say.

What are you looking to get out of this experience? Are you looking to play professionally here in the States after this stint in France or stay in Europe?

I am not looking to play professionally in the states after I play in France/Europe.  What I am looking to get out of it is to be able to continue to play volleyball. I have been involved in volleyball since I was little and I'm excited that I have been given the chance to continue to play a sport that I love.  Secondly I am looking forward to playing with people from different cultures, especially since I will be the only American on the team.  I have heard that Southern France is a beautiful area and I can't wait to be able to experience the culture while also being able to play.  After this year I don't know if I will decide to play another year in Europe or come back home, but I am hoping for a great experience that I wont forget.

What can your talents provide to this team?

As a setter I hope that I can run the offense efficiently and help them reach their goal of moving up to a higher division. Playing for Ohio University has helped improve my volleyball skills and working with a diverse group of people. From playing at OU, I feel like I can bring my skills to the table to help the team as well as be a good chemistry fit into the team.

How do you see yourself adjusting to this new and exciting opportunity? 

I have a couple of months before I go over so I am trying to figure out the basic necessities of what I will need when I am over there.  I am also trying to learn some basic French so I will be able to communicate with the players and coaches.  This is something that I have always wanted to do. I have always wanted to go to Europe to travel or live for an extended period of time and I am really excited that I have been given the opportunity.  I know that it will be hard at times, especially with the language/culture and I am the only American.  But I know that this is something that I have wanted to be able to achieve and now that I have the opportunity I am going to make the best of every situation.  I want to make sure that I experience everything that I can while I am over there.

Have you been able to talk to Ellen Herman and Meghan Simons about their experiences playing overseas and if so what advice if any, did they offer?

Yes I have frequently talked to both Ellen and Meghan about their experiences over there.  When I got the offer they were some of the first two people I contacted to ask about what they thought. And after I accepted, I have called and emailed them multiple times to ask about various things.  They have both been positive influences and helped me feel comfortable about going to Europe for the first time. They both agreed that this is an experience that you wont forget and if I had the chance to play abroad that I should take it.  Both of them as well as my coaches have helped me make me decision to go play abroad, but also have made me really excited about this opportunity.