For Sara Seitz, having a season ending injury was not part of the plan for senior year, but her third concussion this season alone has forced her to the sidelines.

“I think being an assistant coach gives me something to look forward too,” Seitz said. “You know to strive for staying in the competition and helping out my teammates in what ever way I can and help out the less experienced players that are stepping in and playing a great job playing in my position.”

The coaching role that Seitz has taken on from the sidelines was something she always felt while on the field.

“I feel like I have always been kind of the coach on the field and I would relay what the coaches wanted from the bench onto the field so I feel like for me it’s just relaying from a players point of view instead of on the field or off the field,” Seitz said. “I think they go through me for a lot of things and expect me to help out the girls from a player point of view as opposed to a coaches point of view.”

Many of the younger players and veteran players have had to step up in the absense of the injured starters. Seitz role in particular is much more difficult to fill, but the younger players have done well, Seitz said.

“People are really embracing their chances to get on the field and work hard. I think they are also working hard for the ones that can't play, and I think they take that into consideration and are empathetic for us,” Seitz said. “They are doing well for stepping into those positions and the leaders are pulling them through also.”

Throughout the season though, Seitz has been forced to be in the role on the sidelines more than on the field and during that time, she began considering coaching as an option in the future for college or high school.

“These last couple months have been really getting me prepared or actually thinking of maybe I want to be a coach. It definitely has opened my eyes to more experiences that I didn’t see when I was playing,” Seitz said. “It’s actually easier for me to see the game from the field but being on the sidelines now, it has really made me see the game more from the coaches point of view and see what they have been seeing for the last four years. It is definitely harder to read it from the sidelines than when you’re right in the middle of it.”

For Strauss, she has hopes that Seitz will go into coaching someday and would feel honored to have her at her side.

“I hope she goes into coaching, she’s probably way to smart for that,” Strauss said. “She is head to PT school but I hope that most of our players go on to coach, and most of them do at some level whether it be club or high school.”

“We have talked quite a bit about it, she is now accepting her role as our student assistant coach and she does a great job of that and she reads the game well and it was great to hear her on the sidelines this past weekend just chirping along in not only encouraging her teammates but also giving coaching points,” Strauss said. “It was great and it really helped to see her do that.”For Sara Seitz, having a season ending injury was not part of the plan for senior year, but her third concussion this season alone has forced her to the sidelines.

“We have talked quite a bit about it, she is now accepting her role as our student assistant coach and she does a great job of that and she reads the game well and it was great to hear her on the sidelines this past weekend just chirping along in not only encouraging her teammates but also giving coaching points,” Strauss said. “It was great and it really helped to see her do that.”