Ohio has been practicing for two weeks and is beginning to find its feel on the hardwood, coach Jim Christian said.

He said the Bobcats are showing signs of all the right things at this point in the season, and that players’ drive to get back in game shape following the offseason has made for intense, uptempo on-court sessions at The Convo.

“You don’t do anything for four or five months and then you get out here and start competing and getting ready and the season comes on you so fast,” he said.

The Bobcats will have their first taste of game action Sunday, when they face Virginia Tech on the road in a “secret scrimmage.”

Players and coaches are not supposed to comment on the scrimmages, which fans and media are not allowed to attend.

Christian acknowledged that the Bobcats would be taking the court this weekend on Friday.

“Today’s practice 13 and we have a scrimmage this weekend,” Christian said. “You don’t really have a lot of time and it’s hard to get all your stuff in. You want the right type of enthusiasm and attitude, and I think we have that.

Ohio senior point guard D.J. Cooper said that everything is business as usual for the Bobcats, and that an emphasis on their coaching change is fading in their rearview mirror.

“There’s not much adjusting,” he said. “You know, coach Christian and coach Groce kind of run the same system — different terminology — but for the most part it’s the same concepts.”

jr992810@ohiou.edu