Ohio junior Juli Accurso’s season came to an end Saturday in Louisville, Ky., when she placed 38th in the 38 runner, 31 team field at NCAA Nationals.

Her time of 20:14.4 was only seven seconds slower than Ohio’s all-time record, which she set at NCAA Regionals the previous week.

“The feeling was bittersweet,” Accurso said. “I didn’t run as well as I could have, but I had the opportunity to run with the very best runners in the nation for the second year in a row, so for that I am thankful.”

Accurso managed to receive All-American honors yet again, becoming the first Mid-American Conference runner ever to do so in a back-to-back manner.

“That makes me super proud the honor is a Bobcat stat,” Accurso said. “I have no doubt though that very soon my name will not be alone on that list. There are so many girls on our team and other MAC teams that can accomplish that, so it will be exciting to watch our conference become more competitive.”

Although Accurso’s season came to a close over the weekend, there’s plenty on her plate for the winter months.

“I’m more of a trickster than a cross country (runner,)" she said. “I can’t wait for the feeling I get racing around the track because it’s a completely different feeling than what I get during cross country.”

ks934011@ohiou.edu