The Ohio track and field team is coming off a performance in the Mid-American Conference Championships in which several individuals set records and were selected for the women’s all-MAC first team.

The squad is off to Notre Dame for the Alex Wilson Invitational Friday and Saturday. Only five Bobcats will be traveling for this event: juniors Juli Accurso and Melissa Thompson, senior Danielle Winningham, freshman Kayla Scott, and sophomore Morgan Reichert.

Ohio coach Clay Calkins has goals in mind for this weekend with a small cast of athletes.

“The goal of this meet is to try and set season-bests, school records, try to get to nationals,” he said “We’re hoping for the best performances of the year out all the athletes involved, so that has to be the main goal of this meet.”

Accurso, Thompson, and Winningham are all coming off strong performances in the MAC Championships last weekend as those three, along with senior Kiley Matthews, were recognized for the women’s All-MAC team.

Accurso and Thompson both set personal records last weekend, and they look to continue the same this weekend, as well.

Calkins believes that last weekend’s individual performances will boost the individual’s confidence levels to improve even more on last week, as they go into the weekend before nationals.

“I don’t foresee any problems with improving our marks from last week, they just did a great job.” Calkins said. “Last week was the conference championship, so everyone was excited and wrapped up in the moment. Everyone on board today is very talented and capable of achieving those goals.”

ab109410@ohiou.edu