After dropping eight straight games, the Ohio Bobcats finally reached the light at the end of the tunnel.

Ohio turned in one of its most complete performance of the season, defeating Toledo 9-3, despite committing four errors.

Toledo opened up the game with runs in the first, third and fourth, capitalizing on Ohio errors and overthrows, with only one of the Rocket runs being charged to starter Marck Paliotto as an earned run.

Paliotto pitched a solid outing, sticking around for five innings, allowing five hits, while walking three and striking out three.

He gave way to Sean Kennedy, who also looked strong in his four innings of work, only allowing four hits, striking out one and working with a very effective breaking ball.

The Bobcat offense exploded for five runs in the fifth, as Toledo reliever Cameron Palmer struggled with control, walking in three runs and allowing an RBI single by Tyler Wells that gave Ohio its first lead of the weekend.

Ohio followed up the five run fifth with a three run sixth, as first baseman Jake Madsen, who’s batting a team high .346, hit an RBI double, which was immediately followed by a two-run homer by left fielder Scott White that really blew it open for Ohio.

Wells hit a sac fly in the eighth to complete the scoring for the Bobcats, notching his ninth RBI of the season.

ch203310@ohiou.edu