By: Ethan Mendelsohn

This week, we will see only two inner-division matchups.  The first, the Jets against the Bills, will not get much hype.  The other game, Broncos vs. Raiders, will be the final game of the week on Monday. 

We will also see running back Trent Richardson in his first official Colts game, after Indianapolis traded its first-round pick next year to the Browns for Richardson, their former No. 3 pick. 

There is also a good chance we will see many lopsided matchups this week and the points could pile up for some players.

Players I Like:

QB: Matt Schaub, Texans – Schaub is playing a Ravens defense that not only allowed Peyton Manning to toss seven touchdowns, but allowed 43 points to the Texans offense last season in their match-up.  Schaub will have a chance to shine against a weak Ravens defense and is a must-start.

RB: Adrian Peterson, Vikings– With the Browns at an all-time morale low this week, Peterson has an chance to prove himself as the best running back in football.  Peterson has rushed for just 193 yards in two games this season, and I believe he will surpass that total in this week’s game alone.

WR: Victor Cruz, Giants  - Cruz has received 118 yards in each of the Giants’ games this season and could reach, if not surpass, that amount against a weak Panthers  (0-2) defense.  Cruz will do anything he can to give the Giants their first win this season.

TE: Julius Thomas, Broncos – Thomas’ hot streak should continue against a Raiders defense that has no match for Denver’s offense.  Thomas has scored three touchdowns in two games and is emerging as Manning’s favorite target.

Players I Don’t Like:

QB: Andrew Luck, Colts – Luck is facing a 49ers defense that is coming back from a humiliating 29-3 loss to the Seattle Seahawks.  But Jim Harbaugh’s squad will probably not repeat that performance. Although the Colts just acquired Richardson, the 49ers defense will be on a mission to get a win.

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Jaguars – Could anything be worse for Jones-Drew and the Jaguars?  Facing a Seahawks defense this week, yes.  Jones-Drew has recorded just 72 yards on 25 attempts and I wouldn’t expect him to do any better this week.

WR: Tavon Austin, Rams – Austin is facing a strong Cowboys defense and has not shown up strongly in the first two games.  With 88 yards on 12 receptions, a breakout game is not likely this week.

TE: Jordan Cameron, Browns – With third-string quarterback Brian Hoyer starting, Cameron will probably see many touches this week. 

Sleepers This Week:

QB: Russell Wilson, Seahawks – Russell Wilson is going up against a Jaguars team that scored 11 points total point during their first two games.  Wilson will have many opportunities to score and gain fantasy points.

RB: Jason Snelling, Falcons – With fellow running back Steven Jackson out, the Falcons will need Snelling to fill in as a goal line back.  He will most likely see many red zone touches against a worse-than average Miami defense.

WR: Robert Woods, Bills – Facing a weak Jets secondary, Woods will have many chances to shine.  He has received just 86 yards so far, but he will look to prove he is more than a No. 2 wide receiver this week.

TE: Pettigrew – Pettigrew will matchup against a Redskins defense that has allowed 71 points in two games.  Although, Calvin Johnson will be covered tightly, Pettigrew will see touches in the red zone.

em837512@ohiou.edu