Pregame

The Bobcats came off their first loss of the season against No. 24 North Carolina on Friday, where they dropped their first set of the season in the five-set defeat

Dayton came into the match after a straight-set loss to North Carolina, which was followed by a sweep of their own against Cincinnati

The Flyers defeated the Bobcats in four sets last year at their home court, the Bobcats came into Saturday having an 8-8 all-time record against the Flyers

Follow @ThePostSports on Twitter for more in-game updates from Staff Writer and volleyball Beat Writer Alex Busch

First Set

Dayton jumped out to an early 6-3 lead, but the Bobcats scored two straight points. Dayton up 6-5

Alexis Pinson and Katie Horton grabbed a couple of kills, followed by an out-of-bounds ball by Dayton, timeout Dayton. Dayton up 17-14

Liis Kullerkann got two kills, along with an ace from Pinson. Ohio up 21-20

The Bobcats took the first set after two straight kills.

Final: Ohio 25, Dayton 22

Second Set: Ohio 1, Dayton 0

Ohio started the set with a 4-1 run, Kelly Lamberti killed the ball with power for the last point of the run. Ohio up 4-1

Dayton got three more points back, but Ohio came back with three more of their own, including kills from Horton and Karin Bull. Ohio up 7-4

The teams exchanged two points each, followed by two straight points from Dayton. Ohio up 9-8

Lamberti scored two straight points for the Bobcats, then Dayton followed back with two of their own. Ohio up 11-10

Dayton tied the score at 11, then the Bobcats got three back including a kill from Lamberti, timeout Dayton. Ohio up 14-11

The teams scored three times each after the timeout, and then the Bobcats scored two straight points, including an ace from Abby Gilleland, timeout Dayton. Ohio up 19-14

The Bobcats finished off the set with a great play by Gilleland as she found open space to get the kill. 

Final: Ohio 25, Dayton 19

Third Set: Ohio 2, Dayton 0

Lamberti got a kill and an ace to open the set. Ohio up 2-0

Ohio took a 7-2 lead early in the set

Bull and Pinson both contributed kills. Ohio up 14-8

Gilleland got another ace, and Horton got a kill in a 3-1 short run. Ohio up 17-9

Dayton got two points back, but they then hit a ball long and out-of-bounds after a long volley. Ohio up 18-11

Lamberti and Pinson both killed the ball during a short 4-2 run. Ohio up 22-13

Lamberti killed the ball, and then Ohio finished off the set and the match with a block from Horton and Bull the next play

Final: Ohio 25, Dayton 16

Final: Ohio 3, Dayton 0 (25-22, 25-19, 25-16)

Ohio

Abby Gilleland - 37 assists, 8 digs, 5 aces, 3 kills

Kelly Lamberti - 15 kills, 11 digs, 1 ace, 1 block

Meredith Ashy - 22 digs, 3 assists

Liis Kullerkann - 9 kills, 3 blocks, 3 digs

Alexis Pinson - 4 blocks, 4 kills, 3 aces, 1 dig

Dayton

Alaina Turner - 8 kills, 4 digs, 2 assists, 2 blocks

Janna Krafka - 19 digs, 3 assists

Jenna Jendryk - 24 assists, 4 kills, 4 digs, 2 blocks

Reactions:

"I challenged the team in the locker room to come out and turn the emtional loss into a win," Coach Ryan Theis said. "They did that, and I'm very happy."

"Sometimes when you start out slow you'll play a whole bad match and end up in an ugly five-game fight where you never turn the corner," Theis said. "I feel like we actually turned the corner."

"We came out a little bit slow, but we fought back, we knew what we had to do," Alexis Pinson said. "We learned a lot from last night, and fought back today."

"It was a tough loss last night, but you can't win all of them. We had to come back strong and win the next one," Kelly Lamberti said. "I think once we got ahead in the game they couldn't come back at all."

Up Next:

Ohio travels to Bowling Green, Ky., to compete in the WKU Invitational next weekend. On Friday the team will face UNLV at 5:30 p.m., and on Saturday they will matchup against No. 16 Western Kentucky at 12 p.m., before playing Virginia at 6 p.m.

Ohio dropped identical 3-1 matches against Western Kentucky and Virginia in 2011. They lost to Western Kentucky in the Kentucky Invitational on November 3, 2011, and they were defeated by Virginia in the Baymont Inn Invitational on September 11, 2011.

The Bobcats improved to 5-1 after the Baymont Inn Invitational, and they have yet to lose the first or second set in any of their six matches so far this season.