Ohio women’s soccer’s undefeated steak continued to five games on Friday at Cleveland State, but unfortunately, the winning streak has came to an end.

The Bobcats and the Vikings played to a 0-0 tie after two overtimes, despite Ohio winning its previous four games.

It was not for lack of trying on Ohio’s behalf, though, as it attempted 24 shots — including 11 on goal.

Unfortunately, for the Bobcats none of those found the back of the net. Of the 24 shots, freshman Alexis Milesky, junior Liz Finley, and sophomore Holly Harris accounted for 14 of the team's shots.

The Vikings' Sarah Wood was solid in goal for Cleveland State, as she stopped each of Ohio’s 11 shots on the frame. Six of which came in the first half.

In overtime, the Bobcats were only able to attempt one shot on goal during the two overtime sessions.

Ohio dictated most of the play the entire game, though. The Bobcats recorded 16 corner kicks, compared to the Vikings' two. And four of Ohio's 16 shots came during the two overtimes.

The Ohio defense held Cleveland State to nine shots and senior goalie Mattie Liston turned away all three shots the Vikings attempted on net.

Coach Aaron Rodgers’ team had been scoring at a high rate with 11 goals in the previous four games, but Friday was the first time Ohio has been shutout since their season opener against Indiana.

The Bobcats return to action Friday when the team opens MAC play at home against Bowling Green. The contest is schedule for 4 p.m. at Chessa Field.

ak840511@ohiou.edu

@Kovarandrew