Ohio's second round of Saturday baseball ended in an unfortunately similar way as its first, as the Bobcats fell to tournament host UNC-Wilmington 6-3 in its evening game. Gerry Salisbury (0-1) took the loss in a relief appearance for Ohio.

Unlike its first contest, the Bobcats were able to draw first blood in the nightcap at Brooks Field. Ohio (1-3) gained its first lead of the day with the help of a fielding miscue by UNC-Wilmington. With runners at second and third, Chandler Gellar dropped down a squeeze bunt which UNC-Wilmington pitcher Jordan Ramsey mishandled, making a throwing error that allowed both runners to score for the Bobcats.

The Seahawks earned one of those runs back the easy way in the bottom of the 3rd. After retiring the first two batters of the inning, Bobcats starting pitcher Jake Miller issued four straight walks that allowed UNC-Wilmington to cut the lead in half.

Ohio came back in the next inning with an RBI single by Mitch Longo. The Bobcats' lead would be short-lived, however, as UNC-Wilmington's Casey Golden came through with a 2-run triple in the bottom of the fourth to tie the game.

UNC-Wilmington took the lead in the 7th inning on an error by Bobcats third basemen Tyler Finkler. The Seahawks added two more runs in the 8th inning to pull away from the Bobcats.

Salisbury pitched 2.2 innings in relief for Ohio, giving up one run, unearned, on two hits, and striking out three. Jake Miller started the game for the Bobcats, allowing three earned runs on two hits and six walks in four innings of work.

Leading Ohio offensively in the afternoon was Taylor Emody, who finished 2-4 with a double. Jake Madsen went 2-5, while Longo and Gellar each had an RBI.