Ohio dug itself a deep hole early by giving up three first inning home runs, and kept digging throughout the rest of the game on the way to a 20-5 loss to Georgia Southern this evening in Statesboro, Georgia. Ohio's record is now 3-6.

Starting pitcher Gerry Salisbury took the loss for the Bobcats, after allowing ten runs on eleven hits in his 4 2/3 innings of work. Salisbury served up two 2-run homers in the first inning before getting an out. He then gave up another with two outs in the inning, and one more in the fifth inning.

Ohio made things close in the top of the fourth inning, which they entered down 6-0 but cut the lead in half with a sac fly by catcher Nick Bredeson and a two-run single by Connor Callery.

Georgia Southern, however, wouldn't let the game stay close for long. The team followed Ohio's first scoring with one run in the bottom of the fourth, four in the fifth, and eight in the sixth inning. By the end of sixth, Georgia Southern had claimed a 19-4 lead.

Bredeson homered in the eighth for the Bobcats, giving them their fifth and final run of the game.

Jeremy Cronk and Brad Przebieda each gave up three runs while getting just one out in relief. Matt Mikolajczak also gave up three runs in 2/3rds of an inning.

John Adryan, Sean White and Austin Rieman each had two-hit performances at the plate for Ohio, while Bredesen finished with two RBI's. Rieman also scored two runs

Ohio's next action is against UNC-Greensboro Tuesday at 4:00pm.