Ohio’s hot start has been extinguished, as the Bobcats have dropped seven straight games after losing both games of a doublehader to Lipscomb on Wednesday. 

One of the biggest surprises on this stretch is the lack of offensive production from the team.

The Bobcats (12-8) had four straight games during the stretch where they produced just one run per game, despite  leading the Mid-American Conference in eight different offensive categories including batting average and hits before the losing streak.

However, Ohio has also played its highest level of competition so far by taking the field against two ranked teams in No. 15 South Alabama and No. 25 Lousiana-Lafyette. Mississippi State also received votes in the weekly NCAA poll. 

Despite the skid, Ohio has remained competitive as most losses have been decided by one or two runs. “

We set team goals to win every inning. If we stay in that mentality there is so much less pressure," coach Jodi Hermanek said.

Ohio still sits in the top two of the MAC in runs scored and hits, and among the top three teams in batting average and runs batted in. Also, Ohio's pitching still leads the conference in strike outs with 128, and is tied for first with Ball State in wins with 12. 

Ohio will look to end its skid this coming weekend in the Red and Black Classic, where the Bobcats will play Ohio State, Louisville, Illinois State and Massachusetts.