Southern Illinois-Edwardsville used a monster inning of offense late in the game to defeat Ohio 7-3 earlier this afternoon in Statesboro, Georgia.  Ohio's record falls to 3-5.

Logan Cozart took the loss on the mound for the Bobcats, while Ryan Daniels pitched seven innings of work for SIUE to earn the win.

Ohio got the scoring started in the first inning when Jake Madsen smacked an RBI double that scored Sean White to give the Bobcats a 1-0 lead. Its lead stuck for the first four innings of the game, before SIUE tied the game with an RBI single in the top of the fifth inning.

The trouble for Ohio struck in the eighth inning, when Cozart gave up three doubles, a single and a sac bunt to the first five hitters. Brad Przebedia and Spencer Sapp were called on to pitch after Cozart, each facing just one batter and giving up run-scoring base hits.

Christian Botter then came in to pitch for Ohio, and allowed a walk and a 2-run double before retiring the final two hitters of the inning. When all was said and done, SIUE had tallied six runs on seven hits in a disaster inning for Bobcats pitching.

The Bobcats showed a spark of offense in the bottom of the ninth, scoring a pair of runs on three hits, but stranded the bases loaded.

Ohio starter Jake Rudnicki tossed just 2 2/3 innings for the Bobcats before Jake Miller made an appearance and pitched 3 1/3 innings.

Scott White went 3-5 with an RBI and run scored for Ohio, while Austin Rieman went 3-3. Mitch Longo finished with a 2-4 game.

Ohio will take on Georgia Southern tomorrow evening at 5:00pm.